Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Charlton

desperado

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Even away from home?  Someone that goes to most games home and away might have more insight than me, I'm just going off stats.  The goal he scored today was typical but would he even get in that position away from home?

He got in to that position last week in the first half. 

i think you naturally have to be a bit more contained when away from home but I hardly think he’s the type of luxury player you’re carrying 

his stats in terms of distance covered and pressing I’d bet good money is right up there whether home or away 

he’s the trigger for it all. He’s intelligent enough to know when you press and when to drop and support the other midfield 2. 

granted there’ll be games where he will be rested. I’d argue more home games than away against the “lesser” opposition but he plays all the better sides home or away for a reason.. 

A few hands being held up on here tonight ?

A nice win, dont think we played particularly well,  Trafford made 3 or 4 great saves but we got the job done and that's all that matters. 

Thomason played well but Jones and Johnston didnt.   Not sure Jones has looked right all season.

That's for another day .    Enjoy your weekend lads and lasses. 3 points better off 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Northender said:

Two small planes nearly colliding half way through 1st half was bizarre. Some soiled pants in at least one of those planes I'd expect. 

It was a fucking close call that. Could hardly believe my eyes. If they'd made contact, there's every chance they'd have ended up on the Retail Park or in the stadium.

12 hours ago, Zico said:

What do they do in terms of logging your payment? 

The car park is a camera that logs when you enter and leave as far as I'm aware 

So what is done to stop you getting a fine if you pay?

They take your reg and it gets imputed on the cameras. You also get a receipt 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's this about planes?

Couldn't see anything under wsl, but heard nowt neither.

Right over the Stadium, 2 light aircraft on a direct collision course. One of them had to take drastic action at the last second to avoid it. Love to see it again if anyone caught it on camera, because it looked extremely close.

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Right over the Stadium, 2 light aircraft on a direct collision course. One of them had to take drastic action at the last second to avoid it. Love to see it again if anyone caught it on camera, because it looked extremely close.

Good job prime Beevers under Parky wasn't playing, ball would've knocked them both out of the sky! 

47 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

A few hands being held up on here tonight ?

A nice win, dont think we played particularly well,  Trafford made 3 or 4 great saves but we got the job done and that's all that matters. 

Thomason played well but Jones and Johnston didnt.   Not sure Jones has looked right all season.

That's for another day .    Enjoy your weekend lads and lasses. 3 points better off 

Strange how we all come away with different impressions, I thought Jones's defending and leadership was fantastic today.  His best performance of season that I've seen.  

One bit of news from today's line up is that Morley is no longer an "automatic pick".  That just leaves Santos and Jones as the outfield players who play every game they are fit.  And Sadlier is the only player in the first team squad that was here (and fit) at the start of the season that hasn't started a league game yet.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

And Sadlier is the only player in the first team squad that was here (and fit) at the start of the season that hasn't started a league game yet.

Could you imagine the outrage tonight if we had lost and Sadlier hadn’t made it onto the pitch?

It just goes to show no matter how much we pontificate we really don’t know how these players have performed in training and impressed Evatt to make the starting 11.

There’s no way I would have predicted a starting 11 without Dempsey or Morley today, never mind both of them.

Sometimes we just have to trust Evatt that he knows what he is doing.

(I did say that after Tuesday Thomason was closer to the starting 11 than Sadlier 😉)

Think today really reinforced what I knew before, Baka isn't good enough, in his role with our style of play he needs to be touch and bang to our players around him when in transition and surrounded by multiple opposition. 

Today showed he can't do that, his touch, control and hold up play for a 6ft 4 striker is quite bad

Bodvarsson is a level above him.

I think last year showed us his role as a bench impact player.

Edited by Lostock Whites

3 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

As I watched it live I thought he was offside but this angle suggests otherwise.

I can't complain though because our first wouldn't have gone in if Bradley hadn't have handball it.

The ball was flicked on in the area after that so hard to say. 

But surprised at some of the comments about Charlton on here, thought they were ok. Both midfields looked capable of playing through the other. Amount of saves Traf made implies it was not one sided.

Lee used the space they left well, Lego head probably MOTM although Lee and Bradley ran him close.