Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (A)

burnden

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, woolli said:

Its not every day the Queen dies. Show some fuckin respect!

have some commone sense

she died yesterday

events have been called off today

what does cancelling the whole wekend acheive? 

is everyone meant to stay at home for a day of morning and contemplation?

and if they are cancelling sports events, why aren't they shutting pubs, restaurants, shops etc?

there'll be plenty stopping what they are doing and showing respect on the day of her funeral

4 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

I hope everybody who has shelled out for this weekend will get reimbursed properly. 

It definitely won't happen like that.

I've been able to defer my payment for tomorrow's trains (at a loss of an admin fee of course) to another time, but will now be looking at a dearer price to rearrange if it's shirt notice and additional cost of a hotel if its midweek 

1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Shut up you dick

nothing to do with respect it worked last night at West Ham didn’t it

They didnt have time yesterday to postpone the games, if they had  have had time, they would have been postponed, like tonight. So what would the teams who have been postponed tonight thought if tomorrow went ahead? Cockwipe!

12 minutes ago, woolli said:

True but she did not die tomorrow either.

Either we have a full proper close down of work, pubs, public transport etc or we do not.

Why is sport any different ? A chance for people to come together to show their respect together. 
What showed greater respect last night West Ham fans singing the national anthem together or me sitting on my sofa ? 

6 minutes ago, woolli said:

They didnt have time yesterday to postpone the games, if they had  have had time, they would have been postponed, like tonight. So what would the teams who have been postponed tonight thought if tomorrow went ahead? Cockwipe!

Why inconvenience just 4 clubs calling off 2 Friday games when you can disrupt the entire league system and their fans and the support staff?

A bit pissed off with this, largely because i'm going to lose a reasonable amount ( for me ) of money spent on train tickets that i don't expect to get back........but also, as someone with the greatest respect for the queen & considering getting down to London for the service, I don't see how sitting at home tomorrow will show more respect than going to the game where there would have been more visible signs, a minute's silence, a rendition of GSTQ, whatever.

but it is what it is.

20 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It definitely won't happen like that.

I've been able to defer my payment for tomorrow's trains (at a loss of an admin fee of course) to another time, but will now be looking at a dearer price to rearrange if it's shirt notice and additional cost of a hotel if its midweek 

Poor do. Should have just cracked on with it.

Liz wouldn't want us behaving like bin dippers

Edited by deane koontz

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, woolli said:

Yebbut, hundreds of thousands of spectators would have had a chance to show some respect by having a minute’s silence and singing the National Anthem.

As stated above, folks’ll now just be sat at home in front of the telly, or shopping for cushions.

3 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yebbut, hundreds of thousands of spectators would have had a chance to show some respect by having a minute’s silence and singing the National Anthem.

As stated above, folks’ll now just be sat at home in front of the telly, or shopping for cushions.

We all have our opinions, mine is only the same as the governments, football authorities etc.