Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (A)

burnden

Just now, Ani said:

does that not imply you are wrong ? 😂😎

On here, obviously yes, but lets be honest, every person on this forum as only ever seen one Queen, and will never see another one, which to me is very unique. Everyone will pay there respects at next weeks football, and im surmising that everyone will take the Bank Holiday next Monday on the back of the Queens death.  Again, my opinion.

1 minute ago, woolli said:

On here, obviously yes, but lets be honest, every person on this forum as only ever seen one Queen, and will never see another one, which to me is very unique. Everyone will pay there respects at next weeks football, and im surmising that everyone will take the Bank Holiday next Monday on the back of the Queens death.  Again, my opinion.

I agree, one weekends fixtures cancelled is an appropriate sign of respect for a great Queen IMO. The ones who disagree can stay under the stand next week when there is a minutes silence.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

I agree, one weekends fixtures cancelled is an appropriate sign of respect for a great Queen IMO. The ones who disagree can stay under the stand next week when there is a minutes silence.

So you are up in arms about the sports that are continuing ? 

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Should all workplaces and businesses across the board be forced to close this weekend also as a proportional sign of respect? A lockdown so people must watch the rolling coverage?

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Should all workplaces and businesses across the board be forced to close this weekend also as a proportional sign of respect? A lockdown so people must watch the rolling coverage?

I’m not a spokesperson for any of these companies so they can make their own decisions on how to respect the Queens passing. With respect to football, it would have been poor form if our national game had not cancelled fixtures IMO.

6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Nobody is disrespecting the queen or against a minute's silence......the disagreement is about whether it is right that football alone should shut down while pubs, restaurants & most other things continue as normal.

Lots of opinions.

So facts the EFL/PL decided not to play this weekend, Govt advice was 'it is upto you'

Other sports have decided to go ahead.

Football restarts on Tuesday so there has been a random decision on numbers of days we need to show respect

Tuesday sees Champions League games being on and televised round the world . This fact I mention please draw you own conclusions. 

Just now, bolton va va said:

Nobody is disrespecting the queen or against a minute's silence......the disagreement is about whether it is right that football alone should shut down while pubs, restaurants & most other things continue as normal.

Of course. Pubs and restaurants may find another way to commemorate her death. However, football has a different responsibility being so public and televised.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

I’m not a spokesperson for any of these companies so they can make their own decisions on how to respect the Queens passing. With respect to football, it would have been poor form if our national game had not cancelled fixtures IMO.

The stiff upper lip is dead.

image.thumb.jpeg.29441dabeadcdba6bced44bb05de115d.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I consider it poor form that the people in charge of the "national game" have chosen to seriously disrupt hundreds of thousands of people and leave them in many cases out of pocket, during a period when they have already been forced to deal with constant rail strikes.

But then, football is nothing without fans only applies when it suits.

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Lots of opinions.

So facts the EFL/PL decided not to play this weekend, Govt advice was 'it is upto you'

Other sports have decided to go ahead.

Football restarts on Tuesday so there has been a random decision on numbers of days we need to show respect

Tuesday sees Champions League games being on and televised round the world . This fact I mention please draw you own conclusions. 

There are no exact rules and it happens so rarely but someone has to make the call and I think the weekends games is about right.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I consider it poor form that the people in charge of the "national game" have chosen to seriously disrupt hundreds of thousands of people and leave them in many cases out of pocket, during a period when they have already been forced to deal with constant rail strikes.

But then, football is nothing without fans only applies when it suits.

Yes it is really unfortunate that people will be out of pocket. I hope that football authorities and train companies can compensate those people.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

It definitely won't happen like that.

I've been able to defer my payment for tomorrow's trains (at a loss of an admin fee of course) to another time, but will now be looking at a dearer price to rearrange if it's shirt notice and additional cost of a hotel if its midweek 

Due to the ticket type no refunds on ours

sent an email asking under these special circumstances however I expect them to duck me off