Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (A)

burnden

9 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Due to the ticket type no refunds on ours

sent an email asking under these special circumstances however I expect them to duck me off 

A shit show, and your email will be one of thousands asking similar. 

You'd think there'd be a reasonable response given the circumstances, but seen as most businesses are still open tomorrow probably not. When was last time a train company gave refunds for solely football reasons? Probably never.

• Site Supporter

I heard some comments on the radio last night about the muted atmosphere at West Ham and suggestions that maybe players didn't actually want to play it, think it was described as a meaningless game.

Whatever the case, irrespective of whether folk think games should or shouldn't have been played, it's once in 70 years, and if the atmosphere within clubs isn't right, then maybe it's better to leave it until they're ready to give the best performance. 

Equally, if they'd said we'll play, then fair enough.

Would be nice to return train ticket money.

Certainly not worth arguing over.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I heard some comments on the radio last night about the muted atmosphere at West Ham and suggestions that maybe players didn't actually want to play it, think it was described as a meaningless game.

Whatever the case, irrespective of whether folk think games should or shouldn't have been played, it's once in 70 years, and if the atmosphere within clubs isn't right, then maybe it's better to leave it until they're ready to give the best performance. 

Equally, if they'd said we'll play, then fair enough.

Would be nice to return train ticket money.

Certainly not worth arguing over.

Surely government pressure should be exerted for those who have forked out and events have been cancelled, also for those who have booked hotels check if you can cancel today as I know booking.com offer that before 5pm day before.

A top tip.. from a friend... Any #bwfc fans paid for the train to Cheltenham you have until 6pm to change the date for your train free of charge. I know it’s not been rescheduled but pick a random date & change it again once it’s been confirmed if you want to avoid fees.

2 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Couldn’t get train refund, but could transfer it.  So changed it to forest green day ( Stockport to Cheltenham) and then just bought a Cheltenham to Stroud ticket. Cost another £20 but better than losing £90.

Thats what I've done with the Cambridge away game in November using tickets for the Ipswich one that was hit by rail strikes, I'll just get off at Ely and change rather than stay on to Ipswich.

Only problem is the game was over 3 months later so I used a placeholder date to hold it on... and that date was this weekend. Greater Anglia still not released to timetable for November yet so I need to find another placeholder to move it onto, each time at an attritional admin cost.

Never easy is it!

Just now, Marc505 said:

Thats what I've done with the Cambridge away game in November using tickets for the Ipswich one that was hit by rail strikes, I'll just get off at Ely and change rather than stay on to Ipswich.

Only problem is the game was over 3 months later so I used a placeholder date to hold it on... and that date was this weekend. Greater Anglia still not released to timetable for November yet so I need to find another placeholder to move it onto, each time at an attritional admin cost.

Never easy is it!

You try and be organised and then it all goes to pot !!

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Never easy is it!

Fucking pathetic is what it is. All the rules around advance tickets should have gone out of the window with Covid, or at least offer some sort of refund protection for a few quid

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

💰

43 minutes ago, Ani said:

Exactly so the respect argument is out of the window.  

as said elsewhere

she's not the queen of most of the countries in it, so not sure it's anything to do with anything

plus it would also be up to UEFA, and why should they care?

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Do we reckon MK will be on. I’m down in Nottingham till 4. Tempted to go.

If I was down in MK until 7pm, I'd probably still not go.
Soul-less hole.

49 minutes ago, Ani said:

And returns without disrupting the Money League. 

31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Europa Conference Intertoto Cup top half of your national league Cup League?
Definitely meaningless.

9 minutes ago, derrick said:

A top tip.. from a friend... Any #bwfc fans paid for the train to Cheltenham you have until 6pm to change the date for your train free of charge. I know it’s not been rescheduled but pick a random date & change it again once it’s been confirmed if you want to avoid fees.

Thanks for the tip.......but the rearranged game will be a night game, so too late to get back in a day.

FWIW i'd say that this time it's not the train companies to blame but the football authorities who have called the game off & who are responsible for costing fans money, but i'll not hold my breath waiting for them to reimburse me.

12 minutes ago, marple whites said:

You try and be organised and then it all goes to pot !!

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Fucking pathetic is what it is. All the rules around advance tickets should have gone out of the window with Covid, or at least offer some sort of refund protection for a few quid

My spreadsheet is in absolute disarray.

54 minutes ago, Zico said:

as said elsewhere

she's not the queen of most of the countries in it, so not sure it's anything to do with anything

plus it would also be up to UEFA, and why should they care?

Do you honestly think if we had to UEFA and said no football for a week they would have said no ? We have 10 days mourning but the football authorities have decided that we we use first 4 then start playing again. Presumably be with minutes silence at each game. First game will be scousers at home in Champions League. 
My point is it would be just as valid to play games this weekend let people come together to show respect as per Govt guidelines and as other sports are doing.

On a separate note just seen Charles greeting people outside Buckingham Palace. If it was me I would 100% be wearing the crown 24/7. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Ani said:

Do you honestly think if we had to UEFA and said no football for a week they would have said no ? We have 10 days mourning but the football authorities have decided that we we use first 4 then start playing again. Presumably be with minutes silence at each game. First game will be scousers at home in Champions League. 
My point is it would be just as valid to play games this weekend let people come together to show respect as per Govt guidelines and as other sports are doing.

On a separate note just seen Charles greeting people outside Buckingham Palace. If it was me I would 100% be wearing the crown 24/7. 

I 100% agree with that point

but I think UEFA would say no so as to not cause hassle for themselves and for countries who'd be like "what the fuck has it got to do with us"

e.g. Donestk is currently occupied in the middle of a war with most of their fans probably at war themselves if not dead, but they crack on playing in Poland and as it happens UEFA have sold the rights for that game to Russian TV

which I think tells you everything you need to know as to why I think UEFA would not be impressed if we postponed games because our queen died the week before - i.e. they don't give a fuck

17 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a scary and perfect logical possibility.  Going to Tenerife that Sunday and I've not missed a home league game this century yet, this is worrying.

Tenerife at home on the 30th of Sept if you want tickets?