Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (A)

burnden

33 minutes ago, L/H White said:

We looked better yesterday when Dapo & Dadi came on

Happy for them to get the nod

Think Evatt would point out that that was because Kachunga and Charles (plus the midfield press) had knackered them out and so the last 15-20 mins Dapo and JDB got to take advantage of the space.

I’m not saying that means I wouldn’t want to see at least one of them start on Tuesday (JDB for Kachunga would be my preference) but I think the current starting v subs is all part of the Evatt plan for the overall 90 minutes.

Alfie May scored yesterday but left the game on a stretcher - one of their better players who’s unlikely to play on Tuesday.

On paper, it’s one of those shit grounds, not great pitch, Autumn night game that doesn’t really suit us - hopefully we’ll prove that isn’t an issue this season!

• The topic was pinned

Not going to be easy this game, hopefully eating my words at full time. Although we have won the last 4 games, we are only 5th in the form league in the last 6 games! Cheltenham are 7th. Hopefully it will be a big plus if Alfie May doesnt play.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Anyone considered an autumn break in the Cotswolds?

Had a few weeks on courses at the Fire Service College at an old Bomber Command base at Morton in Marsh. The small town centre and the other towns around are beautiful.

At one such course, a lot of the in-house accommodations were under refurbishment so they put us in a pub/b&b in Stow on the Wold. Absolutely fantastic.