Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (A)

burnden

7 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

No idea what the team will be tonight apart from Trafford and Santos. 

Logic suggests not changing a winning team too much but given the  run of games I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of changes.

Trafford
Bradley
Jones
Santos
Johnston
Thomason
Williams
Charles

all start IMO. Three changes max is plenty.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Logic suggests not changing a winning team too much but given the  run of games I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of changes.

think/hope we'll see JDB start

other than that, can't see much changing

Dempsey for Lee maybe

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

46 minutes ago, Traf said:

Trafford
Bradley
Jones
Santos
Johnston
Thomason
Williams
Charles

all start IMO. Three changes max is plenty.

I agree I’ll be amazed if there’s more than 3 changes. Despite Evatt’s backing of an in-depth squad, he seems to have found a settled side that’s performing and winning.

One midfield change, one forward change is my prediction. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

That all makes sense but we know evatt isn't averse to making 5 or so changes between games

Those mass changes tend to come in cup games.

From memory the last 4 league games he’s had a core group that he starts with; Trafford, Santos, Jones, Johnstone, Bradley, Iredale, Williams Thomason, Charles

13 minutes ago, desperado said:

Those mass changes tend to come in cup games.

From memory the last 4 league games he’s had a core group that he starts with; Trafford, Santos, Jones, Johnstone, Bradley, Iredale, Williams Thomason, Charles

Agreed, I think he's settled on the core of his team.  Without checking, I think Kachunga is on that list too, can't remember last time he didn't start.  Presume that could change if JDB hasn't been fully match fit till now.

1 hour ago, desperado said:

I agree I’ll be amazed if there’s more than 3 changes. Despite Evatt’s backing of an in-depth squad, he seems to have found a settled side that’s performing and winning.

One midfield change, one forward change is my prediction. 

Clearly we are winning at the moment, the impossible question is would we have still won those games with a different line up?  The current one is very similar to the team beaten at Plymouth, the obvious major change has been Thomasson deservedly replacing Morley. 

But with us beating Charlton, Lincoln and MK Dons comfortably, its hard to imagine we wouldn't have won those games against poor opposition if IE had continued with the "5 changes a game" scenario.  And as well as we've played, we're still struggling for goals from open play, its not as if we can't see where we can improve.  It would be a mistake to think the current line ups have cracked it, I would hope we've got some improvement in us.

40 minutes ago, QFPants said:

These are long throw merchants, no way he picks John over Iredale imo

Agreed, if Iredale/John were going to be rotated it would have been against Lincoln surely.  I'm happy to be wrong but I don't think John will get any more league starts except to cover for injuries (not sure how ready Beck is but presumably he hasn't been signed to be 3rd choice).

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I can see Bradley getting rested or taken off at FGR rather than today. Izzy playing for the B team makes me think he's being readied for action soon.

Bod for Kachunga and Dempsey for Lee the only changes i'd consider for tonight.

This.

Dont know why the fuckery I think that Cheltenham away is a tricky game but glad we have got them now than away on a Tuesday night in January.