Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (A)

burnden

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Do you really believe that?

No i dont, but these are games we should be winning if we aspire to be in the top six. I can accept defeat, ive seen enough of them, but anyone defending them tonight need to take their rose tinted specs off! We  was poor in every department. We got what we deserved.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, woolli said:

No i dont, but these are games we should be winning if we aspire to be in the top six. I can accept defeat, ive seen enough of them, but anyone defending them tonight need to take their rose tinted specs off! We  was poor in every department. We got what we deserved.

Nobody is defending them.

But you are incapable of anything positive. Even after Saturday, the best you could manage was complaining because MJ wasn’t sent off.

Its weird.

• Moderators
Just now, onefinfrandsen said:

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit you were beaten by the better team, sixth is where most of us would have been happy with after 11 games. And with the next two games very winnable we will be reet.

Thats the first game i cant make a claim that we were the better team

Defo better team at plymouth, possibly a mad 5 mins v sheff wed but tonight, id have to accept we were second best

But, credit them, it wasnt a bullying so why we feel the need to compare it with last seazons low points, ive no idea

They just did well and we couldnt cope

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

... and Kachunga.

Well yes, I can’t disagree.

Despite his lack of goals, he’s been part of the winning combination. His movement, chasing down, bringing others into the game has some merit.

That’s 4 personnel changes; at rIght wing back, right centre back, attacking mid and forward that we have to consider as being key to the change in performance today.

And of course credit to Cheltenham who nullified us very well today.  

Just now, Spider said:

Nobody is defending them.

But you are incapable of anything positive. Even after Saturday, the best you could manage was complaining because MJ wasn’t sent off.

Its weird.

Why would i want one of our players sent off? I said he could quite easily have been sent off. Facts tonight. 1st time we have lost to Cheltenham in the league, no shots on target, we was dire, all facts i think?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, woolli said:

Why would i want one of our players sent off? I said he could quite easily have been sent off. Facts tonight. 1st time we have lost to Cheltenham in the league, no shots on target, we was dire, all facts i think?

All facts.

That seem to give you a proper bonk on.

As I say, the incessant need to pick at the negatives is up to you.

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

Well yes, I can’t disagree.

Despite his lack of goals, he’s been part of the winning combination. His movement, chasing down, bringing others into the game has some merit.

That’s 4 personnel changes; at rIght wing back, right centre back, attacking mid and forward that we have to consider as being key to the change in performance today.

And of course credit to Cheltenham who nullified us very well today.  

Didn’t you say few week back that changes will be part of IE set up

for me he’s trying to please too many players, personally kachunga would’ve made no difference as we wasn’t playing into the Chanel’s it was very bang it forward and he’s not a hold up player 

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffe white said:

Didn’t you say few week back that changes will be part of IE set up

You’re right I did.

And I’m pretty disappointed that the personnel changes haven’t worked today. I thought that team could’ve/should’ve done a job.

I’m not writing off the depth of the squad after one poor game. I think in the future we’ll make changes and win.

But there’s no denying that in the previous games, IE had found a formula that was winning us games. So it just seems a natural assumption to think he’ll go back to that on Saturday.

27 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

Too many players not turned up. Concerned about the lack of goals from our frontline. Charles really hasn’t got going yet this season. 

We were never going to keep up our scoring record of January to April, realistically, and we've tightened up so its accepted we'll be less attack minded.  6 clean sheets already and nearly another tonight, compared to 7 in the last 22 games last year.  But the difference in goals scored is stark.  Last 22 games 2021/22, we scored 2 per game (total 44, and 40 were from open play).  Only failed to score twice.  In the first 11 games we've scored 13, only 10 from open play, and 4 games already where we've drawn a blank.  And I don't recall many near misses, great keeper saves, disallowed goals or hitting woodwork.  Lots to work on.  Would it be ridiculous to try 4-4-2 occasionally with Dapo on the wing?