Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (A)

burnden

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Paul, in some ways it reminds me of England.

Perhaps a bit more functional and fewer flamboyant players in the side.

Working ok generally, but came a cropper last night.

It is. We'll evolve and get better and we have to be patient. 

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Morley had a shot on goal last night that would've put Thomason's on Saturday to shame.

Ha ha!  He definitely has it in his locker though, his was the only shot of note at Port Vale, scored a great goal v Wycombe, had a great free kick saved by keeper in 1 home game, and that goal at Gillingham arguably as good as any shot this year. I think there's only Iredale in the current starting line up that would attempt to shoot from a free kick.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It is. We'll evolve and get better and we have to be patient. 

I can only assume you don’t bother with Twitter. 😁

By half time last night there were loads of our fans crying like bereaved parents because we weren’t smashing Cheltenham 16-0.

Patience is certainly required this season. But I think we’ll good for top 6

52 minutes ago, Spider said:

By half time last night there were loads of our fans crying like bereaved parents because we weren’t smashing Cheltenham 16-0.

Same in the ground by many of our so-called supporters.

Calling them all shit and wankers, accusing them of not trying, moaning at Trafford to "sort it out" and one delightful soul called Santos a "lazy c**n" twice in the space of about 2 minutes, which is when I had to have a word, because I'm not listening to that, especially with kids around.

40 minutes ago, Traf said:

Same in the ground by many of our so-called supporters.

Calling them all shit and wankers, accusing them of not trying, moaning at Trafford to "sort it out" and one delightful soul called Santos a "lazy c**n" twice in the space of about 2 minutes, which is when I had to have a word, because I'm not listening to that, especially with kids around.

When you think of some of the knobs we have following us particularly at away games at the smaller grounds (a smallish minority I might add), it makes you wonder what it would have been like if fans had been in the ground a couple of years ago in IEs first few months.  I bet being 3 down at Orient and Carlisle at half time would have been particular highlights for any player in earshot. 

Accy last year was I think same week as Fleetwood, certainly not far apart , they deserved shit.

Last night was a bad result and based on every report an even worse performance , as mentioned by others carrying on a worrying trend in these games from last year. 

Some of the over reaction however is pretty deranged if we are in and at round the play offs it feels about right. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Accy last year was I think same week as Fleetwood, certainly not far apart , they deserved shit.

Last night was a bad result and based on every report an even worse performance , as mentioned by others carrying on a worrying trend in these games from last year. 

Some of the over reaction however is pretty deranged if we are in and at round the play offs it feels about right. 

Yes, 4 days apart. Between by 2 teams within 30 miles of us who couldn’t pull in 5000 home fans between them. That was a grim and wet week

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

There'd have been more than a minority giving them shit if the early L2 results had been played in front of a crowd. And he'd not be our manager now, either.

Agreed, and I may have been in that "majority" giving out some verbals.  By minority I meant that we do have plenty knobheads following us, thankfully its a minority and we have loads of proper decent fans.  Not everyone that gives out justified criticisms are idiots, its part of being a passionate fan, but we all know the type that take it beyond acceptable.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

I’m sure we mustered shots on target in some of them previous L2 games, last night was one of them for me

cheltenham keeper could’ve had night off 

Aye, difference is though we'd have lost that game last night 6-2. 

4 hours ago, Spider said:

I can only assume you don’t bother with Twitter. 😁

Patience is certainly required this season. But I think we’ll good for top 6

I do too (although I hate the play offs so I dread what we're letting ourselves in for!). 

I don't really bother with Twitter personally. Sadly I have to do so professionally. It's a snakepit.

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yes, 4 days apart. Between by 2 teams within 30 miles of us who couldn’t pull in 5000 home fans between them. That was a grim and wet week

Mad to think how we got towards the end of the season with the play offs in sight when you think what a mess we were in after those games along with, as mentioned, the Stockport defeat. 

Stockport was the worst for me that was an awful performance. As for last night I think it will be a 1 off and no way will IE put up with it. My mates a Barrow fan and he always says IE teams up until Xmas are inconsistent but from the new year on they come good!

• The topic was unpinned