Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crewe (Pizza Cup)

L/H White

• Site Supporter

Good nights football - enjoyed it.

While Sadlier scored a great goal and never stopped showing for the ball, I thought at times he was quite wasteful, still a bit to do to get ahead of the others in that attacking midfield role for me.

For those who were on the pitch for 90 mins Aimson, Johnstone and Thomason played well. 

If there was ever a doubt, Charles is our most natural goalscorer. His movement and finishes made a massive difference when he came on.

Great to Sheehan (who looks to be closer to the first 11 than Sadlier) and Toal (didn’t really put a foot wrong - albeit against weak opposition) getting a run out. 

I wonder why Isgrove wasn’t involved? 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

If Dapo was moving on in the next two days he wouldn't have been played tonight.

However, he isn't doing what he's capable of and Evatt needs to move him out wide as he was last year while he was ripping up trees.

If he moves him out wide he would need to change the system he is not going to do that .

Dion's clearly got the ability to get the goals for us, just need to play to his strengths. The games in the league we've just been smashing it down the lines for him to chase lost causes hoping he can make something out of nothing due to his energetic pressing but we need to supply him better. Sheehan brill at cutting the defense open with his through balls, think Bradley & Iredale will benefit massively off him as he has it in him to find them when they're bombing forward down the flanks. Toal quiet debut, not much to do but got a tad lucky with their offside goal from the replay. Weirdly frustrating game for a big win, done a job against a really poor team. See what pops up deadline day & hopefully we put in a good team performance Saturday against a good team in Charlton.

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

2115 on 

more than that..... pays to turn up late they shut ticket office an me n a few more got in thru a staff entrance. my first freebie since crewe away in freight rover in the 80s when we climbed over think we got final that year... here's hoping

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Nah, pretty sure you can shout your name, or "Keeper's" or suchlike, but not "Leave it" or "Mine" 

Biggest myth going I reckon, everyone at any amateur thinks it’s a foul…it’s really not.

Ernest spot on, nothing wrong with it unless you’re intentionally putting someone off.

3 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

more than that..... pays to turn up late they shut ticket office an me n a few more got in thru a staff entrance. my first freebie since crewe away in freight rover in the 80s when we climbed over think we got final that year... here's hoping

Turning up for your Wembley vouchers?

1 minute ago, victor meldrew said:

big up for mark 505 all the way from nottingham for this game

Yes excellent 

32 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

95% of his good games came when he played out wide.

He’s had very few good games up top or as #10. 

Fortunately we no longer rely heavily on him

I think you mean that as a positive but if nobody else is having shots on target never mind scoring, its a big negative that he isn't the player he was a year ago (so far, not saying it won't change).   Especially if JDB is injured and Baka seems to have fallen behind Kachunga.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Another performance that shows how important MJ is to us…. Can’t believe we ain’t gone for another similar player as back up. 

The game was won, comfortably so. Missed plenty of chances too.

Yes it's only Crewe, but you can only beat those in front of you. 

5 minutes ago, Barnstoneworth White said:

And he had to leave for an 'early' train which meant he missed our 3 last goals

(And he arrived late meaning he missed our first, too.)

Crewe's goal was a cracker at least, scenes in the away end for that one

6 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Kachunga comes on at 1-1 gets 2 assists and folk question why IE picks him.

His goal scoring may be poor but he's got to be one of our top assist makers since the postman.

He's accumulated 7 assists in 49 appearances, with 3 of those assists in cup competitions against opposition from the league below.

He's also scored 5 goals, with 3 of those goals in cup competitions against opposition from one and two leagues below.

Thomason very good.

charles is a great finisher, give him the ball on the floor.

sadlier looked decent.

bradley again oozed class.

there goalie made some outstanding saves.

but how many times, certainly in the first half was it our final ball that let us down? Against top sides we will be punished as already proven.