Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peterborough (H)

Marc505

11 minutes ago, stevieb said:

We're a couple of key injuries from being potentially derailed but it's looking promising. 

He can pick any front 3 from the 6 and have it completely change the game with a couple of subs on 60 mins...I don't think I've known a time like it. 

I don't see that at all, other than Trafford for obvious reasons.  I don't see another outfield player we rely on, I used to think Morley and Dapo were automatic picks and that's been well and truly disproved.  Santos was vital today against Clarke-Harris but we won't come up against him every week.  Williams has some qualities others don't but if he was replaced we would have more of a threat going forward.  The best thing about this squad for me is we don't rely on any one player.  If Posh lose Clarke-Harris can they replace him?  Can Sheff Wed cover for Bannan?  We have cover in every position except keeper.  

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I don't see that at all, other than Trafford for obvious reasons.  I don't see another outfield player we rely on, I used to think Morley and Dapo were automatic picks and that's been well and truly disproved.  Santos was vital today against Clarke-Harris but we won't come up against him every week.  Williams has some qualities others don't but if he was replaced we would have more of a threat going forward.  The best thing about this squad for me is we don't rely on any one player.  If Posh lose Clarke-Harris can they replace him?  Can Sheff Wed cover for Bannan?  We have cover in every position except keeper.  

Take Santos and Trafford out. 

We're still good but have to rely on Dixon and a second chance defence. 

Or Santos and mj... We're reliant on a midfield that is good but isn't our first choice. 

Let's hope it never happens! 

Wemberlee

Shithouse team but they were 5 without a win? Low on confidence & were up for it in terms of trying to unsettle us making it ugly as the away team. We didn't help it by being so sloppy in possession at the back so early on to make things nervy & to be fair to their manager he made a smart move in having Jade-Jones who's known for his pace as the guy to track Bradley all game from the get go knowing he's one of our main dangers. Not a good game in terms of quality but a proper old fashioned battle full of 50/50's & individual duels to see who wanted it more. On the whole with the big chances we had Bradley/Geth/Iredale there was only one team going for the win, we deserved that bit of luck & great to see the quality we can bring off the bench. Very decent points tally from the tough set of fixtures we opened up with!

8 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Take Santos and Trafford out. 

We're still good but have to rely on Dixon and a second chance defence. 

Or Santos and mj... We're reliant on a midfield that is good but isn't our first choice. 

Let's hope it never happens! 

Wemberlee

Aimson a more than capable stand in, and less likely to do a Port Vale/Plymouth style game changing moment.  

Re MJ, he's great, but any choice of Morley, Dempsey, Lee, Tomo, Dapo, Sheehan, Sadlier brings other qualities and more of an attacking threat and in the case of Morley, Sheehan, Sadlier someone you'd want to be taking your set pieces.

Posh came to ruin the game and came close to escaping with a point. I thought it was piss funny that the goal was a scrappy deflected effort, because it summed up their approach to the game. Little effort to play football and undone late on by a deflection.

Love it. UTFW.

4 hours ago, batton carrier said: 

Amazing how many whites fans are appearing everywhere now. we went for a pint after game in aspull usually me and a mate and perhaps a couple others turn up.

A coiuple of families turned up kids in colours faces beaming with joy at the performace.

The phoenix is rising. build it jerry and they wl come.

coyfwm

I reckon we were in the same pub after the match, yeh there did seem more Whites in than normal - nice to see. Didn’t see any irritating Tics in.

Onwards and upwards 

How tall was their keeper, head almost touches the bar, reminded me of Jussi.

Great win, dogged it out first half when last season we'd have conceded early, stepped it up a few gears second half and looked the only winners. Nerves only kicked in after we scored but played out the injury time excellently

Santos played with a point to prove and cancelled out their beast, some guy behind me was calling him a" fat bastard " all afternoon, guy must have about 3% body fat.

Halt time highlight of talking to some bloke eating a pie with burger sauce on it.....fack me

• The topic was unpinned

I think first half we ended up stooping down to their levels of niggly shithousery which took any flow out of the game whatsoever. Helped by a referee who had no control, it was a first half which made us look worse than we are. How we can see shirts being pulled  at set pieces from the stands but a weak official 10 yards away can’t, I don’t know. 

I put this on Twatter at half time but I feel we need to be a bit smarter at times. If the refs pulling 2 players out for a word before a corner/set piece, 9 times out of 10 he’s going to give a free kick as soon as it’s played. At that point, play it short - don’t give the ref a reason to penalise you. 

Second half once we’d composed ourselves it was a different game. Considering the hype surrounding them and their football, there was only one team trying to get the ball down. 

Has that number 8 taken any of those free kicks on halfway yet?

Despite their recent results and their terrible shithouse tactics I think Peterborough are a decent team so yesterday was a great result. They did everything they could to stop the flow of the game and were helped by a clueless referee. We never gave up though and got a deserved win.

Come On You Whites!!!

Missed some big chances.

were sloppy and got drawn in to their tactics in the first half.

but that was a game we would previously have lost.

dug deep, battled together and very fitting to win with a really stuffy gol.

for all I was worried about how quick they broke they didn’t have a shot on target.

great that the other top teams drew.

Charles and Thomason superb (but in fairness they all played well) with maybe the weakest yesterday being iredale for me.

a very good day at the office.

I have a bias against this mob as one of the clubs who tried to screw-down the coffin lid when we were really up against it and were dancing on our graves before we were even in it.

They, along with the others who did this, can go & fck themselves. I hope their demise continues and they are playing in the Conference South inside 10 years time.

Add that to their manner of play yesterday where they were time wasting after 20 minutes, diving like Tom Daley and spent more time yacking into the referee's ear than actually playing, which feeds into my bias perfectly.

So, it was with the greatest delight that we won with an 86th minute goal which took an outrageous deflection.

Fuck, and may I just add, them.

Funny enough The Posh might have got the point they came for if they’d continued to play the football they did in the first 20 mins.

The longer the game wore on the more they resorted to shithouse tactits to try and hold out for the point.

Loved it that it took a stroke of luck to win the game.

There was a loudmouth Peterborough fan near Tesco fuel station ballooning about how lucky we were.

Your team got what they deserved pal - FUCK ALL

Edited by Burndens Bogs

18 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Funny enough Plymouth might have got the point they came for if they’d continued to play the football they did in the first 20 mins.

The longer the game wore on the more they resorted to shithouse tactits to try and hold out for the point.

Loved it that it took a stroke of luck to win the game.

There was a loudmouth Peterborough fan near Tesco fuel station ballooning about how lucky we were.

Your team got what they deserved pal - FUCK ALL

What about the Peterborough game?

First 20 minutes I thought we we.re in for a battering the way they moved the ball so quickly, then when they reverted to shithousery. I thought that played right into our advantage, lucky goal just wish it had been last kick of the game just to piss them off even further, their fans on train back to Bolton were not to be seen apart from when all Bolton fans got off and doors shut that they started ballooning, weird fuckers they were