Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Portsmouth (A)

Cheese

It's no surprise, just annoying that they might not announce a new date for ages leaving plans in limbo. Could be played anything from a couple of midweeks later to sometime next March!

9 minutes ago, Steejay said:

He’ll probably leave for home 5 minutes after kick off.

They all count 😃

4 hours ago, Marc505 said:

It's no surprise, just annoying that they might not announce a new date for ages leaving plans in limbo. Could be played anything from a couple of midweeks later to sometime next March!

They all count 😃

Last year they re-arranged most postponed games fairly quickly.  Our free midweeks in October are 4th and 11th, Pompey have a cup match on 4th so I'd put my house on it being the 11th.  Well £2 anyway.  Next free date for both teams after that is 8th Nov.

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Last year they re-arranged most postponed games fairly quickly.  Our free midweeks in October are 4th and 11th, Pompey have a cup match on 4th so I'd put my house on it being the 11th.  Well £2 anyway.  Next free date for both teams after that is 8th Nov.

Good workings! I hope they do come up with a date fairly quickly. Can't imagine there being the same level of postponements as last year unless we have a harsh winter, certainly not through covid anyway.

bit peeved about this being called off, but good luck to the lads, what a honour playing for your country.  I remember SKD playing for England, I was dying for him to bag, and he nearly did if the ball would've dropped more kindly for him.   Still, I got to see Ricketts for 45mins playing for England, even my Irish/BWFC wanted a ticket as soon as he heard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/09/2022 at 15:26, Johnnyrotten said:

Glad I didn't risk my house, or £2, but surprised there's no word on this game yet.  8th Nov?  If not, can't use 15th in case of FA Cup replays and then its World Cup and unlikely to go up against that, which would take it into next year.  

• 2 months later...