Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons Away

jeep

7 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Can’t wait for this one now.  I was hoping to get Cheltenham out the way but Her Majesty is more important than a trip down there by a country mile and more..  October is great compared to Sept, i cant  wait to get out of work Tuesday now.  GBONQ

God

Bless

Our 

Northern

Queers?

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Went there on a Tuesday night in the Parky years.  We didn't manage a shot on target, the journey home up the M6 was horiffic with various junctions closed and lanes coned off and I got a parking ticket in the post a few days later.  This one can get to feck.

sounds delightful.

• Site Supporter

Agree with IE on the statement “this week defines whether it has been an average start or a good start"

Beating a play-off side from last year like MK dons and then another fancied team up there, above us who is challenging like Peterborough, would make it a very good start to the season.

I’d take 4 points and still accept it as a decent start.

2/3 would be an average start. 

Anything less than 2 would be poor.

His words in the press conference this morning seem to suggest he’ll pick a different team than he was planning Saturday. Comparing MK dons to Charlton could mean a similar starting line-up to then.

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Agree with IE on the statement “this week defines whether it has been an average start or a good start"

Beating a play-off side from last year like MK dons and then another fancied team up there, above us who is challenging like Peterborough, would make it a very good start to the season.

I’d take 4 points and still accept it as a decent start.

2/3 would be an average start. 

Anything less than 2 would be poor.

His words in the press conference this morning seem to suggest he’ll pick a different team than he was planning Saturday. Comparing MK dons to Charlton could mean a similar starting line-up to then.

Given our away record against "better" sides, I'd take a draw tomorrow.  I fear one of those frustrating 1-0 defeats where we have loads of possession but can't score (I've said it now so that should mean it doesn't happen).

I fancy Posh for top 3 if they keep hold of Marriott and Clark Harris, its a really tough game, I'd take a point in that as well.

2 points would probably put us down to about 12th but if we avoid defeat in these it would represent some improvement.  7 of our first 9 are against teams that will probably finish in the top half, there are plenty of games to come where only wins will be satisfactory, as others have said.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

2 points would probably put us down to about 12th but if we avoid defeat in these it would represent some improvement. 

It’s a good point. And perhaps I’ve been a bit harsh saying that would only signify an average start.

I suppose it wouldn’t be those results to blame being 12th, more the defeats at Plymouth and home to Sheff Wed. 

But with expectations of playoffs/promotion, the overall picture would at best be average and disappointing considering the pre-season predictions. 

We are going in a shit Suzuki car that does 65MPH, but it’s his turn to drive the shithouse, he’s also driving us to Peterborough as  I drove us to Ipswich and Plymouth away, so he’s doing his bat.   Cannot wait for tomorrow, I’m well up for this, the good thing about this one is I’m on the piss, I’m on a mission from God to enjoy myself.  Listen ladies n gents, I’m gonna raise my arms up aloft and sing our songs for you beautiful folks who won’t be there, because you are in heart.  I respect you all x

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

We are going in a shit Suzuki car that does 65MPH, but it’s his turn to drive the shithouse, he’s also driving us to Peterborough as  I drove us to Ipswich and Plymouth away, so he’s doing his bat.   Cannot wait for tomorrow, I’m well up for this, the good thing about this one is I’m on the piss, I’m on a mission from God to enjoy myself.  Listen ladies n gents, I’m gonna raise my arms up aloft and sing our songs for you beautiful folks who won’t be there, because you are in heart.  I respect you all x

Stirring stuff.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Great post.

Really hope they get a win for all you travelling fans. This is one of the few that I’ll choose to miss this season.

Fancy a win against these tonight, at last.

COYFWM.

14 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Do you do requests?  Its a while since I heard We Are Bolton, Super Bolton, From the North (West).  I'll listen out for it.