Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons Away

jeep

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Do you do requests?  Its a while since I heard We Are Bolton, Super Bolton, From the North (West).  I'll listen out for it.

I've just been saying in the car that we don't sing 'Come on you whites' as the teams enter the field anymore.  It used to get the hairs on the neck tingling...

Ain't got no issue with Thomason (Great passer, fantastic engine & a combative battler). Morley is one of our better players but struggled massively last season at MK eventually being hauled off. Would hope to have seen Dempsey build off of that fantastic Wycombe performance but can't argue with a fully fit, in form Lee. No issues with Baka being dropped, much better off the bench but would much rather see us try get our POTS from last season firing again but Evatt has a thing for Kachunga's "pressing" so hopefully it works out perfectly.

3 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I've just been saying in the car that we don't sing 'Come on you whites' as the teams enter the field anymore.  It used to get the hairs on the neck tingling...

I used to love that, but if you're referring to home games I'd be surprised if we've ever heard it pre-match at Reebok.  Impossible with the cacophany of noise from the speakers.  Sounds odd but I always feel a bit sorry for away fans trying to generate some atmosphere, getting drowned out not by home fans singing but by the "music".  I'm sure it seems louder here than at most away grounds.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Thomason deserves his place. But Kachunga. Does he offer more than Bakayoko.

40 minutes ago, Steejay said:

No, or Afolayan.

Hope he proves us wrong.

I reckon he does, particularly away from home 

Baka off the bench if we're piling it forward late on 

2 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Ain't got no issue with Thomason (Great passer, fantastic engine & a combative battler). Morley is one of our better players but struggled massively last season at MK eventually being hauled off. Would hope to have seen Dempsey build off of that fantastic Wycombe performance but can't argue with a fully fit, in form Lee. No issues with Baka being dropped, much better off the bench but would much rather see us try get our POTS from last season firing again but Evatt has a thing for Kachunga's "pressing" so hopefully it works out perfectly.

Just observations, please note these are not criticisms, I rate all the players picked tonight (except Kachunga!).  But Lee hasn't been in great form away has he?  I'll be skipping if he has a great game tonight, I love the guy.  Jury out on Tomo being combative, he gives away too many free kicks for me and is a yellow waiting to happen - but he's good in possession, very good passing (but less of a goal threat than a few that are on the bench, arguably).  Let's see anyway, hopefully a load of 8 out of 10 performances and no sendings off!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just observations, please note these are not criticisms, I rate all the players picked tonight (except Kachunga!).  But Lee hasn't been in great form away has he?  I'll be skipping if he has a great game tonight, I love the guy.  Jury out on Tomo being combative, he gives away too many free kicks for me and is a yellow waiting to happen - but he's good in possession, very good passing (but less of a goal threat than a few that are on the bench, arguably).  Let's see anyway, hopefully a load of 8 out of 10 performances and no sendings off!

Yes, Lee has been in good form away from home.

You obviously didn’t go to Plymouth.