Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons Away

jeep

9 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

That corner.

Every game I have a fiver on Santos to score. Wish he'd just stand on the penalty spot just once on corners

He's never even raised an "Ooh", hit the bar or had one saved from a corner has he? I love the guy but we could be in for a wait for that first one.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Pub football at it's best this.

I sometimes convince myself L1 is the best league to be in taken as a whole but the standard of football really is shit if you're honest about it.

It's the 3rd tier, so wouldn't expect the best players.

However, I see a manager trying to play in an attractive way, entertaining and attacking, and giving opportunity to young and unknown players to develop and better themselves.

Seems our fans also recognise this in the main.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

Should be two up really if Dion had taken his chance.

I don't get the Dion kachunga partnership. Neither is good at holding the ball up and they both want to do the same things 

Something in that- against Sheffield Wednesday, when we had 3 strikers on, they were making similar runs, and being together at times.

I suppose that will improve as they play more together. 

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's the 3rd tier, so wouldn't expect the best players.

However, I see a manager trying to play in an attractive way, entertaining and attacking, and giving opportunity to young and unknown players to develop and better themselves.

Seems our fans also recognise this in the main.

Agreed.  We've played some great stuff, the standard was worse in bottom half of championship when we were last there.  I go to games expecting to be entertained now, very enjoyable with some odd bits of real class.  

Admittedly nowhere near top half of championship but there's some good players in league one.