Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons Away

jeep

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Think Dempsey & Morley will return on Saturday myself 

I think so too. Reading between the lines from IE pre-game, Cheltenham’s team would have been different than today. Today he compared MK to Charlton so went with pretty much the same side.

Saturday will change again. As well as Morley and Dempsey I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Dapo and John as well. 

Edited by desperado

• Moderators
Just now, desperado said:

I think we will too. Reading between the lines from IE pre-game, Cheltenham’s team would have been different than today. Today he compared MK to Charlton so went with pretty much the same side.

Saturday will change again. As well as Morley and Dempsey I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Dapo and John as well. 

And i quote

'Evatts bingo machine'

Just getting it in first

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Horwich said:

It was before tonight.

We had played 4 at home, 3 away.

Ipshit, 3 at home, 4 away.

That would affect the figures.

I don’t think there is alot in the strengths of the opposition, as the table shows.

We had played away at ipswich which has to be seen as an easier game for ipswich than us

Maybe argue barnsley home is similar to plymouth away, though i make plymouth away tougher

Cant see their game thats tougher than sheff wed

In fact, its had enough of my time

Kipper is right for the first time since 2017

22 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its been very rare that we've lost to gashish 😁 teams in the last couple of years (since signing Lee, Williams, Dapo, John etc).  I had MKD down as top half but going off everyone's comments I underestimated their decline.  So in hindsight I'd expect to win this game based on our results under IE - assuming no (unjust) sendings off!  Very happy with the performance though, a nice stress free evening.

I give you Fleetwood , Accrington and Burton away last season add in Hartlepool in the shit cup . 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Horwich said:

The table is from someone who knows a thing or two…Thats all I am saying.

I wouldn’t dismiss it.

What does it mean though? What the fuck are all the numbers?

"The higher the number, the tougher the opposition" you said, yet Forest Green are top of that table, but 20th in the League. 

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Cheese said:

"The higher the number, the tougher the opposition" you said, yet Forest Green are top of that table, but 20th in the League. 

Not sure about that table.

But I think the tweet above highlights how difficult a start our fixtures were and we have come out of it pretty well. 

Edited by desperado

Thought our pressing vs Charlton and MK was excellent.

Lost count of the amount of times we 'gegenpressed' and won the ball back high up by swarming round them. Much improved on that from last season when we left far too many gaps doing it or failed at the first instance and had resort to dropping into our shape.

And our keeper is much more of a sweeper than last year too. We also play out from the back much more confidently with one of the midfielders dropping in to give Trafford an option and then they spray a first time pass out wide. Clear as day the amount of hard work that has gone into drilling that.

FWIW I think it's good that Dapo, Morley and Dempsey are having some time on the bench. A break can do you good in competitive sport. Give them a chance to observe and see how they can improve and see how we play. I'm sure they'll all break back into the starting XI eventually, but for now the teamwork with this selection is really good.

Edited by Mantra

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

I'll bite. I still have no idea what he's seeing in Kachunga. I'd really love him to explain it to me.

There are glimmers. Thought he ran well tonight, pressed the defenders in a Charles-esque fashion. Can't fault his work rate these days, in comparison to him looking quite lazy last season.

That said, he's not a goalscorer. Never has been. But if we've got goals from across the 10 outfield (and a set piece presence now, get in Jonesy!), maybe that's not an issue for Evatt? 

Still a useful squad player for me, nothing more, nothing less. 

As an aside, I couldn't believe how poor MK were. They're in trouble if they play like that every week.

Great performance all round, but never really challenged 

For those questioning Kachunga, he was involved in our two best moves first half, great run across the defender to receive Iredales fantastic pass inside which could have earned a penalty on another day, and a great ball in to Bradley who then set up Charles who's first touch let him down. He also one the freekick for the 2nd. So to argue he brings nothing is crazy. 

He was less involved 2nd half, but he runs and presses well, but he isn't a striker I can agree on that 

• Site Supporter

Said before the season started, the key to our season is beating everyone we should be beating home and away as the top teams will all pick points up against each other.

We can’t win them all but (I’ll get pelted for this) Utd under Fergie always beat shite teams apart from us when they should have done. Their record against their rivals wasn’t always great.

I honestly believe we are as good as anyone in the league, we sometimes lack belief - perhaps it’s because we have a number of young lads lacking big match experience

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Cheese said:

They have had the toughest set of fixtures, which is shown by their league position.