Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons Away

jeep

1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

I agree with others on how much better our pressing is.

The last 2 games have been quite similar, charlton and MK have averaged some of the highest possession this season so far and we have pressed them all over the pitch and dominated.

Even Ipswich away, we weren't giving them a centimeter all over the pitch in the 1st half, until their corner knocked it out of us.

I can see definite improvements from last season, beat Peterborough and could be 4th Saturday afternoon, which is great after such a tough set of fixtures

That would mean  Wednesday losing at home to Ipswich . Think at this stage of proceedings  a Wednesday win or at least a draw suits us better .  

Ipswich next 3 games are Sheff Weds (A)  Plymouth (A) and Portsmouth (H) 

A couple of draws in those could really tighten up the situation at the top

21 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

That would mean  Wednesday losing at home to Ipswich . Think at this stage of proceedings  a Wednesday win or at least a draw suits us better .  

To be honest, I think they will run away with it this season so I'd rather they beat the clubs I expect us to be competing with.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

To be honest, I think they will run away with it this season so I'd rather they beat the clubs I expect us to be competing with.

Really?

Not often a team that starts well continues throughout the season.

So long as we keep winning, it doesn't matter what other teams do- we're not in favours territory yet.

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Compared with our Peterborough(H), Lincoln (H) & FGR (A) (Pompey postponed)

Ipswich have Morecambe (A) next after these three.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Happy as a pig in shit last night, we did our minute silence and sang our National Anthem all in tandem, beautiful 😍 

in tandem?

were you like stood there in silence, hand on heart, mouthing the anthem but muted?

16 hours ago, Ani said:

I give you Fleetwood , Accrington and Burton away last season add in Hartlepool in the shit cup . 

That cup doesn't register with me, and anyway Dixon played 😁

Fair enough on the others, dire defeats.  Although Burton and Accy were mid-table, never really in relegation trouble and not easy away games.  Not in the same bracket as the likes of Morecambe and MK Dons this season, we did what we had to do and beat them and I'd expect that to continue in the vast majority of games against bottom half, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That cup doesn't register with me, and anyway Dixon played 😁

Fair enough on the others, dire defeats.  Although Burton and Accy were mid-table, never really in relegation trouble and not easy away games.  Not in the same bracket as the likes of Morecambe and MK Dons this season, we did what we had to do and beat them and I'd expect that to continue in the vast majority of games against bottom half, hopefully.

My point really is that results like last night show improvements even from last year. 
I was underwhelmed by our transfer activity and not convinced by the 'we held on to Santos etc' talk but MK show what happens when you lose your best players.

All positive. 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

My point really is that results like last night show improvements even from last year. 
I was underwhelmed by our transfer activity and not convinced by the 'we held on to Santos etc' talk but MK show what happens when you lose your best players.

All positive. 

Aye biggest turnover in players in league MK. Expected them to drop off but not in bottom 4 after 8 games! I took us just adding a few and keeping our squad together as a massive positive. I am hoping we get stronger as confidence grows and IE selections policy becomes second nature to players 

1 hour ago, Didledee said:

That cross from Iredale was world class, the shape of it reminded me of this ...

image.gif.7073bfa3ed91b911a35ce0491173c252.gif

That's a great bit of research, amazing likeness.

What a cross, if Foden or Silva had put that in I'd be thinking we'd never see that from one of our players.  Maybe last one that could do that was Matt Taylor?

As for Ricky's cross, I don't want to do him a disservice, but I'm sure on the day there was a swirling wind, the conditions were very blustery, and the trajectory of the cross was helped by a gust of wind.  If I've got that wrong, apologies.