Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffe white said:

Terrible week for those putting the mikes in, it’s been woeful not flapping just very disappointing 

I’m referring more to the Twitterati and usual suspects.

Its shite for die hards, 100%

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’re still 6th and having just checked, no teams have been promoted today.

The amount of flapping going on is fucking hilarious and pathetic

Wouldn’t say it’s flapping 

we’re quick to praise when it’s deserved and the past 4 days are worthy of every bit of criticism they’re being given 

the messages coming out from the club are we’re after promotion, we have learned our lessons from last season & individual mistakes are being eradicated 

think it’s fair to say the last 2 games haven’t showed any of that. They’re setting the standards with what they’re harping on about. Not us

they also talk about understanding the expectations playing for this club carries. I acknowledge there will always be dips and rises but taking in to consideration the league positions of these teams & their overall form our performances have been nowhere near good enough 

sick of hearing “unacceptable” yet these performances & results keep happening 

48 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Such optimism this time last week but it was all built on home results. We've learned a lot this week and not good things.

That's now six away games, we've scored three goals in those and two of them were penalties. Five points in six away games. 

And the only goal from open play was a header from a free kick, yes it was a great header but not exactly a goal we expect to repeat. For all the possession we have away from home, not one move has resulted in a goal.  And its hard to think of when we've been unlucky, like disallowed goals or great saves or hitting posts.  It really is odd. 

Let's face it we all thought this Summer that we were fine up front and needed strengthening further back. So did Evatt. That's what he did.

Charles hasn't scored a league goal from open play yet and Kachunga has no league goals full stop. Yet we keep picking them. 

I can understand why folk want Morley and Dempsey back in the side but the first change has to come up top. We've played 12 games and scored 13 goals (one goal from open play in six away matches). We keep picking two strikers with one league goal from open play between them. Time for Dapo, JDB and Sadlier. How much more obvious can it be?

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

get your 2 best strikers at the top end. Work the ball in to areas where you can deliver it early and well. Games fucking done 

If only it was that simple!

We did that in the 2nd half at least 3 times to our best finishers too with Charles, Sadlier and Bod. We really should have put at least one of those away.

Kachunga is pish. Works hard and runs the channels but he's far too weak and is bullied off the ball easily. We need to stop playing him. 

The line ups have really baffled me in recent games and it's clear there are better players sitting on the bench. 

Still in a good position and confident Evatt and the boys can find some consistency. 

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

If only it was that simple!

We did that in the 2nd half at least 3 times to our best finishers too with Charles, Sadlier and Bod. We really should have put at least one of those away.

Point is we created those chances by doing just that. What did we create previous to that? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Point is we created those chances by doing just that. What did we create previous to that? 

As I said earlier our toothless first 45 min trend (more away from home) is concerning.

But my point remains, we can create those chances, but if we don’t put them away, then the games far from done!

No need to panic yet, there’s a long way to go, but we need to start changing things sooner rather than later. I have just read somewhere that IE isn’t happy with fans booing. Well sorry Ian but if your team is going to turn out performances like the last 2 then the fans have every right to voice their opinion. 

1 minute ago, desperado said:

As I said earlier our toothless first 45 min trend (more away from home) is concerning.

But my point remains, we can create those chances, but if we don’t put them away, then the games far from done!

Yeh and I agree but the more you create the bigger chance of getting something 

we’re trying to be too intricate and patient. Strikers thrive off service, balls between defenders and keeper and were asking Charles in particular to feed off scraps. 

his eye is in and he’s on a run of goals he bags either one of those 3 today. But he’s hardly getting anything so snatching or panicking 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Yeh and I agree but the more you create the bigger chance of getting something 

we’re trying to be too intricate and patient. Strikers thrive off service, balls between defenders and keeper and were asking Charles in particular to feed off scraps. 

his eye is in and he’s on a run of goals he bags either one of those 3 today. But he’s hardly getting anything so snatching or panicking 

Yeh good points, don’t disagree with any of that, we need to get on the front foot much earlier in games. 

We tend to do that more at home, so let’s hope we can do that next week and get our confidence back before Accrington away.

31 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Let's face it we all thought this Summer that we were fine up front and needed strengthening further back. So did Evatt. That's what he did.

Charles hasn't scored a league goal from open play yet and Kachunga has no league goals full stop. Yet we keep picking them. 

I can understand why folk want Morley and Dempsey back in the side but the first change has to come up top. We've played 12 games and scored 13 goals (one goal from open play in six away matches). We keep picking two strikers with one league goal from open play between them. Time for Dapo, JDB and Sadlier. How much more obvious can it be?

Up to half time today I dont think we've created a clear chance for Charles and that suggests to me it's in the creative areas that we're lacking.

2nd half though Charles had 3 good chances and didn't take any of them. 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, royal white said:

IE isn’t happy with fans booing. Well sorry Ian but if your team is going to turn out performances like the last 2 then the fans have every right to voice their opinion. 

Got to be careful we don’t whip up some drama where there is none.

"It's great that the supporters backed us. They all came here in their numbers and stayed patient with us because we're on a journey here and we're hoping that we can keep improving.

"We know we've not been at our best these last two games but we're going to work really hard to try and put it right.