Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest Green Rovers (A)

Leyther_Matt

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

I just dont think we need to play 3 central defenders and a holding midfield player at places like Forest Green.

Can we not have a bash at 4 at the back and play with proper attacking wingers?

Flat back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders at Cheltenham was awful.

55 minutes ago, Spider said:

Feel free to point out where I have said I’m happy with the last 2 results.

My issue isn’t with people moaning, fuck me I do little else.

My issue is the small group of folk like Woolli who do absolutely nothing else. When we win, they’re nowhere to be seen. As soon as we lose, they can’t wait to get on here and post a million words about what’s going wrong.

Its fucking weird, and points to bigger personal issues if you ask me.

We’ve been shit recently. But I’ve watched Bolton Wanderers long enough to not let 2/3 games make me give up and bin the season off.

Evatt has done enough in my opinion to be given time to turn it around. If he doesn’t, he gets potted. That’s it.

Personally, I prefer celebrating the victories and not waffling like a right miserable cunt the second a stray pass ends up in the west stand. 

Well said, ya moaning cunt......👍

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Feel free to point out where I have said I’m happy with the last 2 results.

My issue isn’t with people moaning, fuck me I do little else.

My issue is the small group of folk like Woolli who do absolutely nothing else. When we win, they’re nowhere to be seen. As soon as we lose, they can’t wait to get on here and post a million words about what’s going wrong.

Its fucking weird, and points to bigger personal issues if you ask me.

We’ve been shit recently. But I’ve watched Bolton Wanderers long enough to not let 2/3 games make me give up and bin the season off.

Evatt has done enough in my opinion to be given time to turn it around. If he doesn’t, he gets potted. That’s it.

Personally, I prefer celebrating the victories and not waffling like a right miserable cunt the second a stray pass ends up in the west stand. 

Can't argue with that, well said (I'm not making any comment on Woolli there BTW, just the general theme of not focusing on the negatives).  Everyone's different in terms of how much they want to chat shit on here, or just celebrate wins, or wallow in losses.  I over analyse but it doesn't matter if we've won, lost or drawn I enjoy the discussions and analysis equally.   

On IE, its not even a discussion, he's going nowhere, deservedly so.  It doesn't mean every decision he makes is the right one, same as Klopp, Guardiola, Allardyce, they are all subjected to fans debating their rights and wrongs.

Anyone see or hear this abuse that Evatt said crossed the line at HT Saturday? I was on half way line but didn't hear anything other than what you'd expect after that kind of first-half.

I did see and hear someone get a laugh out of Dapo for shouting "are you shagging the manager's missus?" at him as he was warming up though 😃

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Anyone see or hear this abuse that Evatt said crossed the line at HT Saturday? I was on half way line but didn't hear anything other than what you'd expect after that kind of first-half.

I did see and hear someone get a laugh out of Dapo for shouting "are you shagging the manager's missus?" at him as he was warming up though 😃

From what I’ve read (I wasn’t there by the way), regarding Evatt, it all sounds like a lot of bluff and bluster with nothing confirmed either way.

People trying to create an issue where there isn’t one.

“The worst” I heard about Evatt was a calming down of the hands (or a finger to the lips) to quieten the boos. And not going over to the fans at the end - however this was contradicted by someone there who said he clapped from a distance, told the players to come over and went back to the dressing room  - string him up.

Are we really going to get upset about this. I really don’t see the issue at all?

Yes fans boo and have every right too (personally it’s not my way) And managers have a right to respond and protect their players.

And as I posted Saturday, his post match comments were extremely complimentary of the BWFC fans.

Move on

If however this is about some of our knob head fans who cross into the abuse territory when expressing their displeasure, then he has every right to have a gripe.

It’s my one displeasure at away games. I hate it when I’m next to a “fan” who pretty much from the first mis-placed pass enters into the maniacal phase, where every mistake after that is greeted with the most vile and vitriolic abuse with every other word being Twat or Cunt (with kids about too)

I often speak up to my detriment on some occasions (got a bad reaction at Preston few seasons ago) and more recently last season at Accrington (where I got some backing around me and the knob head soon quietened).

Evatt has my full backing if he’s calling these idiots out.

5 minutes ago, desperado said:

From what I’ve read (I wasn’t there by the way), regarding Evatt, it all sounds like a lot of bluff and bluster with nothing confirmed either way.

People trying to create an issue where there isn’t one.

“The worst” I heard about Evatt was a calming down of the hands (or a finger to the lips) to quieten the boos. And not going over to the fans at the end - however this was contradicted by someone there who said he clapped from a distance, told the players to come over and went back to the dressing room  - string him up.

Are we really going to get upset about this. I really don’t see the issue at all?

Yes fans boo and have every right too (personally it’s not my way) And managers have a right to respond and protect their players.

And as I posted Saturday, his post match comments were extremely complimentary of the BWFC fans.

Move on

If however this is about some of our knob head fans who cross into the abuse territory when expressing their displeasure, then he has every right to have a gripe.

It’s my one displeasure at away games. I hate it when I’m next to a “fan” who pretty much from the first mis-placed pass enters into the maniacal phase, where every mistake after that is greeted with the most vile and vitriolic abuse with every other word being Twat or Cunt (with kids about too)

I often speak up to my detriment on some occasions (got a bad reaction at Preston few seasons ago) and more recently last season at Accrington (where I got some backing around me and the knob head soon quietened).

Evatt has my full backing if he’s calling these idiots out.

It's not me that's upset about anything, if anything it's him.

In truth, I don't really care about any of this I was just asking what the claimed abuse was. Only weirdos boo.

50 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yes, I was stood near the corner flag as they came off, someone shouted out behind me, words to the effect that it wasn't good enough, Evatt looked over, gave daggers in the general direction, put his finger to his lips and mouthed 'be positive.'  To call it abuse was/is ott. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

In truth, I don't really care about any of this I was just asking what the claimed abuse was. Only weirdos boo.

Sorry pal - the people trying to create some drama wasn’t aimed at you. I realise you were just trying to find out was was said.

I just used it as an a opportunity to vent my feelings on knob head fans and giving Evatt a bit of backing as I don’t think he’s out of order for what he’s done/said.

You above everybody with your travels completed and more to come have every right to moan and groan! 

Full time on Saturday and I was pretty pissed off but couldn't ever boo our players.  Like most around me, I clapped the players when they came over to show their appreciation at the end.

Some guy at the side of us though, mid 60s at a guess, was shouting with rage at them and giving them the v's.  I did my usual tut and look of disapproval.  The Mrs, who's braver than me, called him out.

We were all fed up but I just cant relate to that kind of behaviour.  I'd hope the manager and players can clearly tell he/they are in a tiny minority.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

He actually said they were rightly booed off at half-time!

22 minutes ago, desperado said:

He actually said they were rightly booed off at half-time!

You mean the BN could be trying for a bit of clickbait, surely not?! 😃

I saw a man boo on Saturday and realised I've never actually witnessed it done in seriousness by anyone right near me before. What a strange thing the actual act of booing is, craned his neck back beforehand as well to get max volume, its mad!

25 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Full time on Saturday and I was pretty pissed off but couldn't ever boo our players.  Like most around me, I clapped the players when they came over to show their appreciation at the end.

Some guy at the side of us though, mid 60s at a guess, was shouting with rage at them and giving them the v's.  I did my usual tut and look of disapproval.  The Mrs, who's braver than me, called him out.

We were all fed up but I just cant relate to that kind of behaviour.  I'd hope the manager and players can clearly tell he/they are in a tiny minority.

I could have written that ( apart from your Mrs obvs )......when the players came over at the end , I clapped them because i hadn't seen any lack of effort & because they'd come over but a minority started flicking v's & mouthing off at them. 

I'm not bothering with Accrington, local games are worst for this kind of bellendery when just conceding a goal sets it off & it won't take much for the infighting to start again.

• The topic was unpinned

The boss man needs to go back to when he had things right… and why that was happening. What has changed so much since we whupped Wycombe 3-0 in the sunshine and everyone had a huge grin on their faces and contemplated a real shot at promotion? 

Forest Green was dire. Didn’t enjoy the game at all and whilst not booing the players off, also didn’t want them coming over to us at the end for some kind of gratitude. They looked embarrassed in doing so. However, when I’ve watched the extended highlights since, it seems to be almost one-way traffic and Charles could have had four goals. Even if he just pops two of them in, Sadlier scores his - then we are on for a rout… possibly winning by 3 or 4. Fine margins. 

The lack of goals is clearly creating huge pressure on the defence.

4 hours ago, Smiley said:

The boss man needs to go back to when he had things right… and why that was happening. What has changed so much since we whupped Wycombe 3-0 in the sunshine and everyone had a huge grin on their faces and contemplated a real shot at promotion? 

Forest Green was dire. Didn’t enjoy the game at all and whilst not booing the players off, also didn’t want them coming over to us at the end for some kind of gratitude. They looked embarrassed in doing so. However, when I’ve watched the extended highlights since, it seems to be almost one-way traffic and Charles could have had four goals. Even if he just pops two of them in, Sadlier scores his - then we are on for a rout… possibly winning by 3 or 4. Fine margins. 

The lack of goals is clearly creating huge pressure on the defence.

Our home form has held up well, its the away form that's deteriorated compared to last season.  We could thrash Barnsley on Saturday but it has no bearing on going to Accy the week after. 

The scorers were Dempsey and Morley, who rightly or wrongly aren't starting many; the assists were by Bradley, Dapo and Bakayoko; only Bradley of those is starting and its hard to argue he's playing as well as he was then.