Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

53 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s clearly apparent they are economic migrants, it’s costing us millions to deal with them, I’d deport them on bloc. Bad laws need changing. 

is it? Have you read each one case by case? 

Anyway, last time I heard, we were crying out for fruit and veg pickers. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

true mate

sorry I forgot they were all vile criminal thugs.

Silly me I forgot they were all fruit and veg pickers! 

Weird how we are struggling for fruit and veg pickers but there’s no shortage of Albanian criminals! 

19 minutes ago, royal white said:

Silly me I forgot they were all fruit and veg pickers! 

Weird how we are struggling for fruit and veg pickers but there’s no shortage of Albanian criminals! 

It depends where you live surely, I'm not sure there are too many where I live. Unless they're keeping themselves well hidden

• Members

Astounding how many head in the sand types there are. "I've never seen an Albanian criminal". I suppose the next line is "I've never been attacked by an Islamic terrorist" or "Grooming gangs have never bothered me".

If you extend this to its natural conclusion, presumably they don't think we need to fund something as expensive as MI5 etc? It's all overblown - they aren't a threat.

Then again, we mustn't forget those 'far right' mothers and fathers trying to protect their children in Knowsley etc. must we?

As always - I expect the truth is somewhere between these two extremes. 

I've no doubt there are people in genuine need making the crossing - but I've also no doubt that a significant proportion are economic migrants. 

Is there any data which tells us 

1) The estimated number of people arriving legally and illegally?

2) The number of people from group 1 who apply for asylum

3) The number of people from group 1 who are granted asylum

4) The number of people from group 1 who disappear or go missing in the system? 

That's one way to figure out to what extent the system is or isn't being abused. 

Without all that data - we're all just guessing aren't we?

• Members
4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I've no doubt there are people in genuine need making the crossing - but I've also no doubt that a significant proportion are economic migrants. 

That's one way to figure out to what extent the system is or isn't being abused. 

A voice of reason as always.

Just off to a WA Secessionists fund raising dinner. I'll rejoin the fray tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just as a bit of balance, here is a great article in today's Mirror, about a lovely Albanian I know who neither picks fruit or is in a criminal gang.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/our-parents-thought-small-boat-29418449

He is Kosavan, they were at war and therefore a bona fide refugee... Now tell me where the current war is raging in Albania... you do see the difference don't you? 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He is Kosavan, they were at war and therefore a bona fide refugee... Now tell me where the current war is raging in Albania... you do see the difference don't you? 

You’d think with him nearly dying 3 times on the journey over (not in the war) he would be urging people not to make the crossing as it’s to dangerous 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Did you read the article?

He was still an illegal immigrant. He'd have been slung out now. You do see the issue, don't you?

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Yes there is, it's all pretty accessible which is why this new legislation won't get passed.

There was a recent radio 4 programme about it, and the numbers missing because of lack of processing was scary if I recall.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

There you go then cocker. See you can answer your own questions from time to time.

Well done - gold star for you today.

So him not sending himself an an eleven year old is the same as telling grown blokes not to make the journey?  Haha ok then 👍