Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

• Members
On 15/04/2023 at 03:47, SatanGreavsie said:

Meanwhile, in England, not very far from me, two cunts have guaranteed their place in hell. That hell might be corporeal in the coming years, or spiritually eternal if there's an ounce of truth in any notions of such things. Either way, everything conceivable (and much that is not) should descend upon them... 

Finley Boden: Parents murdered baby placed back into their care - BBC News

Knocked us sick when we saw that on the news down here.

I will ask again, why should the taxpayer pay the bill for inhuman cunts like that to live a life behind bars? They should be executed, plain and simple.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

True mate - it's been a bad un. Where it made landfall in the Pilbara (2000kms north of here and a place I have spent much time in due to my heavy involvement with the iron ore industry), they recorded record wind speeds of 289km/h!!! Google 'damage to Pardoo Road House' if you want to see what sort of destructive power that has - even to steel framed buildings!

We have had some relatively minor 'backwash' down here with unseasonal autumn rains. It doesn't usually start raining here until mid June so your mates have my sympathy. Usually the best time of year to be here with seemingly endless mid 20's sunny days etc. so they have been really unlucky.

Would I be right in assuming that I may find them loitering around pie shops?

You would. 😁😁😁

you can take the boy out of Wigan…

• Site Supporter

In industry and the services if someone is paid to make a decision which later proves fatal the decision maker could find themselves on a corporate manslaughter charge. Do social services not also follow such rules? 

Many children under the care of social services later die due to the soc. serv's  inability our unwillingness to risk upsetting someone. 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

In industry and the services if someone is paid to make a decision which later proves fatal the decision maker could find themselves on a corporate manslaughter charge. Do social services not also follow such rules? 

Many children under the care of social services later die due to the soc. serv's  inability our unwillingness to risk upsetting someone. 

We still on about pies being injected with ketchup?

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

That latest horiffic case in England, it was the court who overruled Children's Services and returned the lad back to his parents.

There needs to be accountability certainly, and there is.  I've had involvement in loads of CP cases over the years, I can only think of 1 where I'd say the Social worker was incompetent.  Most of them are overwhelmed with cases, working on their own, with little support in a high pressure and volatile environment. They're bloody heroes in my book.

16 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I've had involvement in loads of CP cases over the years, I can only think of 1 where I'd say the Social worker was incompetent.  Most of them are overwhelmed with cases, working on their own, with little support in a high pressure and volatile environment. They're bloody heroes in my book.

Agreed. Shit pay, ridiculous hours, often horrendous conditions and where the stakes and potential consequences couldn't be higher. Overwhelming majority are genuinely heroic people.

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Agreed. Shit pay, ridiculous hours, often horrendous conditions and where the stakes and potential consequences couldn't be higher. Overwhelming majority are genuinely heroic people.

Absolute unsung heroes. Some of the opportunities they provide to young people where I work are great and they make a real difference. I’m yet to meet one who doesn’t care deeply about the people they support. You have to be very, very careful when removing a young person away from their family as you can easily make a situation worse. 

They are human like the rest of us and cannot predict or see everything. Which is made only harder by the sheer number of families they are given and the hours they work. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Austerity has a lot to answer for. Took me a while to realise but Christ it has decimated what we used to take for granted.

Yep. They've basically trashed the entire Country under the guise of saving the banking system.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/03/lost-decade-hidden-story-how-austerity-broke-britain

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Yep. They've basically trashed the entire Country under the guise of saving the banking system.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/03/lost-decade-hidden-story-how-austerity-broke-britain

Furlough is even worse but supported by all (most) sides of politics, which I think is fair as we were in uncharted territory. As a huge service based economy I think we had little choice. 

9 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Austerity has a lot to answer for. Took me a while to realise but Christ it has decimated what we used to take for granted.

Absolutely, but it played well to the hardcore - all that simplistic nonsense about Conservatives being sensible with money after a profligate government. The stuff that Bolty swallows like a hungry chick.

Osborne was one of the worst Chancellor's we've ever had, and was told again and again by leading experts that cutting deeper and deeper was always going to lead to this point. But they were in hock to their banking supporters.

The public sector strikes now have their direct lineage back to the strategy that was undertaken then. You want a prosperous country? You need to invest in its key public services. And now to double down on this we've had a populist baiting government who, to retain power, likes to stoke up the culture wars at any opportunity to distract from what has really been happening. Blame the other for this, blame the immigrants, blame the woke, blame a war in Eastern Europe, blame North Londoners, blame Lefty Lawyers, blame people who eat hummus. All the while they shaft harder the communities they are proclaiming only they can help supported by the weight of global media moguls.

It's shite.

• 2 weeks later...