Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PA System

kent_white

What on earth has happened to it? 

It used to be decent - but now it's basically inaudible in the ESL. 

Yesterday during the tribute to the Queen I had no idea what was going on until the crowd went silent and the Club Chaplain started speaking. 

Have we somehow managed to purchase a downgrade? Or could we not afford the one we already had installed? 

Anybody got any ideas?

When I first started going to Burnden the tannoy was little better than a man with a megaphone. All kinds of echoes and faults. Before my time ( in the 60s) the tannoy announcer would apparently quite regularly say the following at about 2:58pm at a Saturday home game: "Ladies and gentlemen, here are the team changes. There are no team changes." 

• Site Supporter

.t's ..ite. In  NSL .an't h..r f..k  all.

I know it's been done to fuck, but why don't we have a screen that shows anything other than adverts? 'Around the grounds 'went out with the scoreboard at the embankment.

Come on Sharon, I love you to death, but fuck me, this is basic stuff. Especially if the PA system consists of a bloke shouting down a toilet roll tube.

5 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I know it's been done to fuck, but why don't we have a screen that shows anything other than adverts? 'Around the grounds 'went out with the scoreboard at the embankment.

Come on Sharon, I love you to death, but fuck me, this is basic stuff. Especially if the PA system consists of a bloke shouting down a toilet roll tube.

Singer and Phil Mason were fine in NSL so I suspect the problem is with the announcer rather than the system.

Mad to think we had a screen 25 years ago that got us in trouble with the Premier League for showing contentious live replays and now we can barely muster getting substitutions on there within five minutes. 

It's always clear in North Upper, all the more so on Saturday due to the volume being turned down, it should be left at that level in my opinion.

I went in South Lower for the fund raiser for Gethins mum and the din from the PA was shocking, couldn't  make out a single word that was said.

17 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Screen wants turning 90 degrees too.

Landscape is better than portrait.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not for the player portraits they show before and at half time  

Other than that not sure it makes much difference 

No difference at the moment, for what it's used for, but we should be getting much more out of it. Which we would if it was landscape. I know my eyes are shit but I can't see fuck all as it is, and I can't hear fuck all because the PA's shit too.