Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

Horwich

Fancy us to beat anyone at home.

Based on the league table it looks like this and Barnsley at home are our 2 toughest games until Xmas (plus Pompey away whenever that gets rearranged to). If we can take 4-6 points from those 2 games, which I think we will, then there’s not much else to worry about in the other 10 or so games or so.

Fingers crossed we get our internationals back with no injury worries and I’ll go with 3-0.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Fancy us to beat anyone at home.

Based on the league table it looks like this and Barnsley at home are our 2 toughest games until Xmas (plus Pompey away whenever that gets rearranged to). If we can take 4-6 points from those 2 games, which I think we will, then there’s not much else to worry about in the other 10 or so games or so.

Fingers crossed we get our internationals back with no injury worries and I’ll go with 3-0.

How much game time do you think our international players will actually get?

Can't see that they'll be getting loads.

In the first nine games these have been high scorers and high conceders. Not least in their last game - a 3-6 win at Bristol Rovers. Apparently though Bristol had no fit central defenders. 

If we have any aspirations this type of game has to be a routine home win really. 

Edited by paulhanley

Anything could happen but I expect a similar sort of game that we had against them Tuesday night back in February.

Was cagey and quite open.

Stylistically, apart from Morecambe, every team we have played so far this season have tried pressing us all the way and to keep the ball.

We have done well against these sorts of styles generally speaking (MK Dons, Peterborough, Charlton, Wycombe) even that first 60 min vs Villa

Them last 3 games we have managed to deal with the press, still control the game (averaging 57% possession) and press them too high.

I have noticed that except from that 2nd half against Ipswich, where we looked gassed after our intense passing. We are working opposition teams intensely, and in the last few matches, them teams look knackered after 70 minutes. Making it better to capitalise upon in the closing stages of the game.

Peterborough and MK Dons in particular, both looked shot and their players were on the floor most of the 2nd half.

Good to see the hard work done by Evatt in pre season looks to be paying dividend so far.

Edited by Lostock Whites

Sure this will have already been covered and I've just missed it but can season ticket holders no longer buy tickets unless they are also a member?

I logged on to the ticket thing on yesterday to get a Lincoln ticket for someone and I get a THIS EVENT IS NOT YET AVAILABLE TO YOU.

Also noticed that it doesn't say season ticket holder-lifeline (or whatever the wording was) any more?

7 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

can season ticket holders no longer buy tickets unless they are also a member?

Honestly? I don't know, but it would make logical sense.

If 'your mate' isn't a member, he can't have a ticket whether you buy it or he buys it, surely?

I don't agree with it, it's bollocks, but it would seem a logical progression to the club's stance on attracting the casual neutral supporter.

Yeah If your pal or lads mate from School just fancies a cheeky day at the match you can't simply order them a ticket on your account.

You have to register them as a member then wait 24 hours to buy the ticket.

By that time most will have fucked it off or just asked about for a spare.