Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

Horwich

• Site Supporter

Solid performance, and a bit frustrating at times. First half we didn't find it easy to open them up, and when we did we didn't make the most of our chances. Second half we created more, clear cut chances, and again squandered some.

At 1-0 I was wary as it seemed they might nick something having created very little.

Fortunately the second secured the points, and that one chance you felt might come their way was brilliantly saved by Trafford.

Defence was again solid and Johnston man of the match for me.

Kachunga worked hard, chased some balls down, but to no great effect. He fell inndirect debits fornthe penalty which from wherewe were looked a shite dive. Can only assume the lino saw a tug. Also a lack of understanding at times with Charles- the sitter he put across the goal for EK wasn't read and consequently missed.

Lincoln were another team trying to fight us and knock us off our stride, but we stood up to it well. Throughly deserved, if unspectacular victory.

Enjoyed the game. Agree with Evatt. We just lack that final detail sometimes. Over-elaboration or poor control means we don't take as many chances as we should. Thankfully teams have so much trouble getting the ball off us that they can't build a head of steam up. 

Overall we're in a really good place with the fixtures we've ticked off and the ones to come. Can only see us improving too 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, gonzo said:

When are the people that keep saying it was a poor game etc every week going to realise that its just the standard of football we are playing in.

That today was perfectly acceptable as a Division 3 fixure. We bossed it and won. 

Job done.

This - with bells on

STEPPED OFF PLANE FROM HOLIDAY AND AM BUZZING

(sorry for shouting can’t be arsed correcting)

3 points. Clean sheet

Boss knows his onions 

EIEIEIEO

Great result. Charles was really in the mood today, was mad seeing us try the little tricks and whatnot at 1-0 that would normally be reserved for a 4-0. Kachunga worked his nads off and overall was in credit but just didn’t manage that end product.

Back three all excellent. Trafford tremendous in the one on one first half and the late save was a cracker.

Thomason very good again, and I loved seeing him get in the face of one of the Lincoln players after (another) dying swan act. Such a progression from the meek young kid who first came in. 

Another good three points in the bag, beat what we had to. Never doubted we'd score eventually, not quite the "pazzaz" (yet) of the free flowing 96/97 promotion team but they're all going the same direction, which is the same as management, the board and most importantly us fans. 

Feels great to be part of a working beast again. Options off the bench are second to nobody at this level, it'll count, come May 👍

28 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

You must have watched a different game, credit where it’s due the lad had a good game.

Listen, i want everyone to do well for Bolton, and, yes, Kachunga does work hard, i get that, but, as a striker 2 goals in 40 league games isnt productive enough for a striker. His career record of 59 league goals since 2009 doesnt tell lies! Bod as 7 from 27!

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Only a shame that every other top 10 side won (bar Portsmouth who played Ipswich). 

Not made any ground on those above us. 

Next 2 away games we can hopefully rectify that and by the time we play Barnsley we'll be dreaming of the automatics! 

Gained 3 on Portsmouth

Good solid performance.

they looked dangerous early on, but we should be killing these games off earlier as never know what might happen at 1-0.

2 really good saves from traff.

thought mj was magnificent today as was Charles.

options off the bench are brilliant.

need at least 4 points from these next 2 away games.

As solid a 3 points you’ll see. Never really got out of 2nd gear but never had to. Exactly the types of 3 points you need if you expect to be challenging 

flat crowd, controlled but pretty flat performance but grinded a win out 

2nd goal just killed the game and avoided the inevitable nervy finish 

• Site Supporter

Just seen sky's attempts at highlights. I know it wasn't the absolute best, but there were moments to justify more than this meagre offering. 

At least they do show that it was a stone wall penalty- couldn't see the shirt pull live, but clear as day on the highlights. 

Always going to be difficult breaking sides down who come to park the bus from minute one, don't think any team beside Wednesday have come to have a go at us at our ground so it's the matter of staying patient & getting the first goal. Didn't think the pen was a foul, thought it was a clear dive from Kacha but then I thought there was decent shout when Dion skinned two players & got his arm pulled down when he got ahead of the defender. We played some nice, tidy football albeit not the most clear cut chances created, our bench is top class for this level though & was confident they'd kill them off with a bit of quality at the end. Class finish from Bod & very nice efficient play from Dapo too. Lets just keep going, keep racking them points up. COYWM

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

When are the people that keep saying it was a poor game etc every week going to realise that its just the standard of football we are playing in.

That today was perfectly acceptable as a Division 3 fixure. We bossed it and won. 

Job done.

You can have exciting games of football regardless of division. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Agree with Evatt. We just lack that final detail sometimes. 

Sums today up that 

On another day Lincoln grab an equaliser and we rue missed opportunities  

Hopefully JDB getting back to fitness will change that because for as strong as our attacking options are they aren't yet producing consistently  

If JDB can take some preasure off Charles maybe he'll relax and stop trying to do it all 

Anyway 

Highlight for me was that late save from Trafford, immense

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I thought that was as comfortable a game as it could be given the score and timing of the 2nd goal.

Lincoln never looked like scoring until the 94th minute.

Plenty of 7/10 performances. Nobody outstanding, just solid. EIEIEIO

Didn't hear your company name shout out when Dempsey came on

6 minutes ago, L/H White said:

You can have exciting games of football regardless of division. 

Fully down with that.

Not down with the guy behind me whinging constantly about people not singing and chanting etc.

Sorry, Lincoln at home on an October Saturday at Burnden was a cauldron of noise wasn't it