Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)

Horwich

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I thought he'd have scored if he'd stayed on his feet, was looking for the decision though so went down.

Agreed. May have been clipped, but seemed to be looking for it.

Not in his most natural best form- he had a great chance to shoot later on too, but insisted on coming back onto his right foot.

It'll come though. One criticism I had, which was shared by Evatt, was perhaps the final pass not always being as good as it could be. Get that right and he'll be on the end of more chances and the goals will flow.

21 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Should’ve had another in the 2nd half. Stonewaller on Dion

Thought that was more of a penalty than the one given. My immediate reaction to the penalty was that he dived. Due to our angle, didn’t see the shirt pull. Don’t normally fall forward if you’re pulled from behind but I’ll take it.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Thought that was more of a penalty than the one given. My immediate reaction to the penalty was that he dived. Due to our angle, didn’t see the shirt pull. Don’t normally fall forward if you’re pulled from behind but I’ll take it.

Same here.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I couldn't go today and was about to ask how he got on.

I'm glad it sounds like he's continuing his good run of form, first half shot aside.

Didn't put a foot wrong really, apart from that. The ball sat up beautifully, and his body shape made it look like he was about to score a screamer. Nearly hit the stadium roof.

Nice to relax after the 2nd goal, but really this was a comfortable win over a poor Lincoln side.  We play some lovely football & when that final pass/shot clicks, we're going to smash someone.

Everybody contributed, Santos was top class again, Trafford is looking like a top keeper, Charles an absolute menace to defenders but MOTM to MJ for his allround performance winning the ball & spraying it around but also for giving one of theirs a nice dig in the corner wrestling !!

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Katchunga did ok, but i still find it hard to get my head around how he’s keeping Dapo out of the starting X1.

Dapo makes things happen, even on an off day.

Am sorry but dapo is poor this season.   He rightfully is not in the first xi at the minute

22 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Ref had already given a free kick so wouldn’t have counted. The search continues!

I think that’s what it was given for, which would fit with it only being a yellow as “an attempt to play the ball” (which is a crock of shit btw). Thought he went down easily from NSL but happy to reserve judgement until seeing a replay. Plus both Charles and Kachunga had arguably better shouts afterwards that weren’t given.

Will also add MJ was lucky to only get the one yellow card today. He made one of his classic late tackles in the first half which somehow wasn’t even a foul, and Johnston did a great job of taking one for the team in distracting the referee’s attention after Williams and Jackson had their little wrestling match. 

Yep, you are right with regards to MJ. His 1st yellow should never have been, it was a fair challenge, even the Lincoln commentators said as much, but, he should have been off for the foul in the area. I think Johnston got  booked for MJ! 

Just now, woolli said:

Yep, you are right with regards to MJ. His 1st yellow should never have been, it was a fair challenge, even the Lincoln commentators said as much, but, he should have been off for the foul in the area. I think Johnston got  booked for MJ! 

Johnston knew exactly what he was doing. Grabbed hold of one of theirs who had come running in and made sure there was enough attention on that to make sure the referee didn’t bother going back to the original incident

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Is Kachunga doing Charles a favour by taking a lot of attention away from him having only scored 1 league goal from open play?

Our goals for is already 6 less than the nearest team in a promotion or play off place.

GD of 7 is bettered by only 4 teams. If we keep locking teams out we'll win more points than pumping the odd team by 4

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Whats our record with Kachunga in the team?

No idea.

Without all other team members being the same though, such analysis has its limits.

We've won every game Thomason has started for example, but that doesn't mean we'd have beaten Wednesday if he'd been playing. 

If Bod is fit, he starts alongside Charles for me.