Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln (H)


Horwich
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Watching a different game re Bradley,  always on the offensive and creating problems for Lincoln.

Johnston looked fitter and quicker to stuff today.    Never thought he was any works better but today there was somet different 

Agreed always on the offensive, created problems but final ball and decision making was poor.  Often tries to beat a man instead of passing simply, and often gets tackled.  Crossing is average, a bit hit and hope.  Don't get me wrong, he's got loads of qualities, especially his energy and speed of thought, just think he's not at his best currently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I couldn't go today and was about to ask how he got on.

I'm glad it sounds like he's continuing his good run of form, first half shot aside.

He played an absolutely ridiculous pass in the second half, first time out to the wing, just behind the defence. 

Would have been wanked over if in the prem. He is a good un 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed always on the offensive, created problems but final ball and decision making was poor.  Often tries to beat a man instead of passing simply, and often gets tackled.  Crossing is average, a bit hit and hope.  Don't get me wrong, he's got loads of qualities, especially his energy and speed of thought, just think he's not at his best currently.

In his defence he was taken ill during his midweek trip to Greece with Norn Iron, so maybe we can forgive him for having an off day

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Routine win today, made it look very simple and like we didnt get out of 2nd gear if I can use that cliche.

Still amazed at how much Thomason has come on, absolute leaps and bounds. The ballooned shot aside, another performance showing maturity beyond his years, pass selection excellent.

Whenever he played last season, he always seemed quite anonymous aside from the odd nice left footed pass, but he's really thriving in this system. Johnston another one who has improved considerably.

MJ got a bit of flak towards tail end of last season but another excellent performance from him again too. Was pinging it around and a couple of his signature snapping tackles to break up play.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm struggling to remember when he scored from open play, then again I'm struggling to remember what I had for my tea yesterday.

You're all clear for memory loss it's me who is addled, it was a penalty against MK Dons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think one negative thing I noted yesterday and has probably been echoed above.

Players taking a touch too many.

Charles, Bradley and even Lee guilty of it. Running in to brick walls and not getting the shot or pass away quicker.

Exaclty why Dapo isnt in the team....

Maybe Charles lost a bit of instinct with him being on a barren spell from open play. 

The flood gates will open when he bags deffo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

What did Trafford get booked for 

Lincoln got a corner in the dying seconds, and he had a bit of handbags with one of their lot, then threw the ball to the halfway line. Excellent shithousery.

Edited by Cheese
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Think one negative thing I noted yesterday and has probably been echoed above.

Players taking a touch too many.

Charles, Bradley and even Lee guilty of it. Running in to brick walls and not getting the shot or pass away quicker.

Exaclty why Dapo isnt in the team....

Maybe Charles lost a bit of instinct with him being on a barren spell from open play. 

The flood gates will open when he bags deffo.

Correct re one touch too many. In particular Charles needs to pull the trigger sooner. Over-elaboration. 

It's a detail that can easily be ironed out in training and we'll improve for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Correct re one touch too many. In particular Charles needs to pull the trigger sooner. Over-elaboration. 

It's a detail that can easily be ironed out in training and we'll improve for it.

Agree with that.

I’m a big fan of Lee but his final ball / decision making yesterday was poor. There were a couple of occasions in the first half when he was in behind the defence and massively over hit a cross that didn’t need to even be lofted, and then pushed Kachunga out wide with a simple 10 yard pass when we were 3 on 2, and then another in the second half when he broke and just kept running at the defence (I think it was Kachunga to the left who didn’t really help him with a decent run) and then eventually did nothing and just ran into the defender.

There were other examples as well. I think if you looked at how many actual chances were created vs how many good positions we get into, then that conversion at the moment would be poor. Plenty of reasons for that, League 1 inconsistency of players being one, but  if we can improve it then we should score more goals with the strikers we have.

It’s not a dig, we still controlled the game, won it in 2nd gear, are 4 points off top with a game in hand, have the best defensive record in the league and have depth in the squad that should see us kick on to Xmas with what looks like an easier run of games, but if we can improve that ‘good area’ to ‘good chance’ conversion then we’ll take some stopping.

On a separate note, Iredale has had a few off games for me and I wouldn’t mind seeing John back in on Tuesday - I’d only to show that you have to be top of your game to keep your place and keep the competition for places up. Also, fair play to Johnston who has had some cracking games since Sheff Weds, and Trafford will end up playing at the highest level.

Roll on Cheltenham

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm struggling to remember when he scored from open play, then again I'm struggling to remember what I had for my tea yesterday.

2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

You're all clear for memory loss it's me who is addled, it was a penalty against MK Dons.

Let me see if I got this right.

Johnny was wondering when Charles last scored from open play, although admitting your head is addled, you’re able to help.

Charles’ last goal from open play was…

a penalty at MK Donns.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
11 hours ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

He played an absolutely ridiculous pass in the second half, first time out to the wing, just behind the defence. 

Would have been wanked over if in the prem. He is a good un 

Bang on. 

Long range pass all along the deck, for Bradley. Absolute wanking tackle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Weird fuckers 😁

 

Noticed that myself at the time

On Charles (and others tbf), that extra touch is coming when they’re trying to get in to their preferred foot rather than just having a pop with their swinger. Overthinking it a bit too much maybe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bang on. 

Long range pass all along the deck, for Bradley. Absolute wanking tackle.

That was the pass of the season so far in the games I've seen.  Full back did great to beat Bradley to the ball otherwise it may have got the coverage it deserved if it had resulted in a goal or even near miss.  If someone had said 2 months ago Tomo would be consistently picked ahead of Morley and Dempsey I wouldn't have believed it for a second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned
  • Site Supporter
On 01/10/2022 at 18:42, Marc505 said:

Great win. First 3 of 9 points this week.

The kind of game you wish you heard about whilst abroad a few pints deep instead of actually attending though 😅

This is almost what I did 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.