Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol rovers H

radcliffe white

Friday night travel Nottingham to Bolton , that isn't happening. 

Besides which I am boycotting the World Cup , awful country to host it in, middle of a footy season and I am not particularly bothered how England get on . Southgate is just a polite mouthpiece for the FA , he's told what to say at press conferences and cannot change tactics mid game . 

50 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Besides which I am boycotting the World Cup , awful country to host it in, middle of a footy season and I am not particularly bothered how England get on . Southgate is just a polite mouthpiece for the FA , he's told what to say at press conferences and cannot change tactics mid game . 

What has boycotting the WC got to do with watching the Wanderers??

2 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Ok thanks.

2 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

team up with @Marc505

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

If England finish runners up Group B, yeah round of 16 game is 3pm Saturday 3rd.

If we win the Group, 7pm Sunday. 

Presumably this could virtually rule out any games in England at professional or amateur level on Saturday, it may even extend to other sports and events.  There's every chance England won't finish runners up, making that day virtually football free.  Not sure why we couldn't play Sunday about 2pm but I'm sure they'll have their reasons.

Only thing I can possibly think is if they believe there's "something" going on between Bolton and Shrewsbury at the moment, then it might be best to have the game on an empty day which might not end with a town full of pissed Bolton lads looking to watch England at night.