Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Egg Chasing World Cup

L/H White

10 hours ago, jeep said:

How come the best 2 sides are meeting in the semi-final?

10 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it probably has something to do with the international world rankings. The Kiwis were ranked as the best in the world before the tournament, with Australia fourth.

What he said. You’re always going to get two of the three (Eng, Aus, NZ) playing each other in the semi one way or another, but of course that’s not quite so simple these days with the progression of Tonga, Samoa and Fiji. 

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Loving the wheelchair games

Inspirational. Used to quite enjoy the basketball but this is another level

Going to the final on Friday. Shame Saturday will just be a bit of a piss up now rather than the epic it was expected to be. Fuck me it was excruciating following the England game via WhatsApp in the second half at Cambridge. 

17 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Going to the final on Friday. Shame Saturday will just be a bit of a piss up now rather than the epic it was expected to be. Fuck me it was excruciating following the England game via WhatsApp in the second half at Cambridge. 

Would love to be at the final on Friday. France are summat else. Definitely gonna watch some live games in the future. Yeah Saturday’s a bit of a pisser now. Just hope that Samoa turn up on the day and give the Aussies a bloody nose down the middle. I was out of range of all sport today so watched the semi as if it was live later on. Not sure why folk were so critical about England. Samoa beat them fair and square by being better. Simples

One of the most intense - and enjoyable - sporting events I’ve ever had the privilege of attending. Absolutely incredible evening.

The true marker for it was when the first French penalty was taken in virtual silence. By the second half it was like a ‘proper’ game with people trying to put off the French kicker, cheering a knock on or generally giving stick to the officials (especially the French one!)

So glad I went to it!