Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington (A)

Biggish Dave

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Shite defending. Dapo as a wingback is laughable (although not really his fault)

Don't get it at all.

Two more attack minded players as wing backs- ok, but also removing the defensive player that would protect the left hand side seems risky.

Anyway, plenty of time.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't get it at all.

Two more attack minded players as wing backs- ok, but also removing the defensive player that would protect the left hand side seems risky.

Anyway, plenty of time.

Desperation to fit him in a system that doesn’t work for him. Up front, behind the striker and now a fucking wing back - I’ll back Evatt all the way on most things but I think he’s wrong with Dapo.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't get it at all.

Anyway, plenty of time.

Goal came from the other side isgrove 30 yards up the pitch he as hardly been in our half any balls played into the corners are going to give us massive problems today 

21 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

3 at the back joke defending 

Just seen the goal and it was like we were chasing an equaliser in the last 5 minutes, where is our defence?  Please can we do something revolutionary and play with 2 centre backs and 2 full backs who are defenders not attackers.  I've seen enough of us playing 3 at the back.

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just seen the goal and it was like we were chasing an equaliser in the last 5 minutes, where is our defence?  Please can we do something revolutionary and play with 2 centre backs and 2 full backs who are defenders not attackers.  I've seen enough of us playing 3 at the back.

Soft goal after soft goal . Agree would rather see a back 4 . Dempsey playing well that’s about it 

Just now, 1969 said:

Yet again we are very poor but the ref is not helping with stopping play every time one of their players hits the ground

It's so easy to sell a ref these days, just go down and hold your head and they have to stop play

Genuinely watching Bolton on the firestick is easily one of the most frustrating things possible. 

Watching us not be able to put 3 passes together, barely get a shot on target, defend like a bunch of clowns and show no urgency to a team that time waste and fall on the floor every 5 seconds is not good. 

And having to do it listening to whichever pair of cunts are commentating on the local radio station Is just the extra kick in the bollocks. 

How many times can you say “if JDB puts that chance away” or “if only that ball drops to Charles after Dempsey’s shot”?

One off, or a couple of games then I’d understand it, but we are still soft as shit. Who we lose to, where we lose and how we lose proves that we’re fucking soft and it does my head in. I’m not convinced that making wholesale changes every game is helping either. Pick your best team (which by the way includes Morley) that fits to our formation and style of play and give them a run of 5+ games. Evatt does little wrong in my eyes, and I maintain that he’s our biggest asset and we’ll continue to progress with him, but you can’t help getting frustrated in the short term when he’s trying to be too clever for his own good.

Having said all that - still think we can with this. They’re wank.

2 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Genuinely watching Bolton on the firestick is easily one of the most frustrating things possible. 

Watching us not be able to put 3 passes together, barely get a shot on target, defend like a bunch of clowns and show no urgency to a team that time waste and fall on the floor every 5 seconds is not good. 

And having to do it listening to whichever pair of cunts are commentating on the local radio station Is just the extra kick in the bollocks. 

And what makes it worse is Accy are fuckin shite!

9 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Best defense in the division that's not the issue long term, the problem is sticking them in at the other end.

TBH I'm amazed by that stat, it just feels like the whole is weaker than the sum of the parts, with players out of position etc.  And 2 clean sheets away, out of 7 games, isn't great especially when you aren't scoring, its the away form that is terrible and clearly the system isn't working.  If we win in the 2nd half I will still say we aren't currently getting the best out of this squad generally, we are better than this.