Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington (A)

Biggish Dave

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mantra said:

Would love to see us try a 4-3-3 with a front line of Dapo, Charles, Sadlier

MJ holding with Dempsey and Morley box-to-box

It won't happen but I can dream.

That leaves the left hand side defensively suspect. We've seen Morley play on the left of three and not offer that protection. 

With 4 at the back, the protection is more important if the full back pushes on.

4 at the back makes more of a case for Thomason to continue as he offers left footed balance.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That leaves the left hand side defensively suspect. We've seen Morley play on the left of three and not offer that protection. 

With 4 at the back, the protection is more important if the full back pushes on.

4 at the back makes more of a case for Thomason to continue as he offers left footed balance.

I agree with that.

Despite what some think, Evatt will be continuously thinking about personnel/tactics/formations  (I read today about his thoughts on Sadlier fitting into a 4-3-3 system better) But these kinds of considerations will have other knock on affects, some of which you list above and probably plenty more that we wouldn’t even consider! 

This is the 2nd time recently IE has stated that one of main our main assets going forward doesn’t really fit in to the system we play

if he starts to consider Sadlier up top that’s 6 players vying for 2 spots. All of these options across the pitch looks great on paper but the reality is he’s going to have some seriously unhappy lads soon.  

If it comes down to changing formation to accommodate them or sticking with it and moving them on I know where I’d put my money.. 

• Site Supporter

If we were regularly banging in goals and creating many chances then all would be well.

Whatever the solutions are, they need to be explored and implemented. 

We're not a million miles away, and form may return, but he can't let it drift for too long waiting for form to return.

6 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

All of these options across the pitch looks great on paper but the reality is he’s going to have some seriously unhappy lads soon.  

I think he already has some unhappy lads - Dapo, Bod, Bakayoko, Declan John, Sadlier etc will all be unhappy about being benched and IE’s rotation system. I just hope it isn’t upsetting the rest of the squad, because something isn’t right.

Dapo is a shadow of the player who first came here, Bodvarsson & Dion haven’t exactly hit the ground running this season and Sadlier must be wondering what he has to do to get a run in the team, especially with Katanga starting most weeks.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Sadlier must be wondering what he has to do to get a run in the team, especially with Katanga starting most weeks.

Id say its fairly obvious

Theyll have all sorts of analysis and evatt will be able to demonstrate the stats of kachunga that sadlier needs to match

If sadlier cant do that, evatt will have to decide if something else that sadlier could bring is important enough to sacrifice what kachunga brings

I think its naive to think sadlier doesnt know why hes not getting picked. Not saying he will agree, but he will know why.

As for him as a striker, his miss at fgr was prob the worst of the lot given how well he hits the ball. but id be happy enough to see him get another go. Just dont see him as better than Bod though and id always start Charles so who knows

51 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think he already has some unhappy lads - Dapo, Bod, Bakayoko, Declan John, Sadlier etc will all be unhappy about being benched and IE’s rotation system. I just hope it isn’t upsetting the rest of the squad, because something isn’t right.

Dapo is a shadow of the player who first came here, Bodvarsson & Dion haven’t exactly hit the ground running this season and Sadlier must be wondering what he has to do to get a run in the team, especially with Katanga starting most weeks.

Add Aimson to that list 

Further to the chat on i-Follow (Accy banning it etc), I work with a PNE fan and for their upcoming game at Blackpool, they have prevented access on the PNE account.  And PNE have only got 2k tickets.  If they want to watch it they have to log in on the Blackpool one and give them their £10.  If that's possible and "legal" I can see that catching on, home clubs get to make money at the expense of the away team. 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Bod has had his share of injuries, and I don't think he'll be too upset at the moment- he's only been back available for a couple of weeks or so, and has scored a couple since.

Seems that dapo and sadlier alike perhaps don't fot into Evatt's system (in his view) which may well be a bone of contention for them both.

38 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Evatt smiled. “And certain things have become a different colour - I don’t really need to go into detail there but his cock is now the same colour as Baka's. But he should be fine for the weekend.”