Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Just turned up on The Away Fans Facebook group

MickyD

4 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

Well supported club, Bradford. Apparently they're expecting 20k on for their game against Stockport on the weekend. 

I also don't recall this one. Must have been Parky era, with *shudder* Jamie Proctor up top?

Looking at the scoreboard, did we have that in the Parky era?

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Early L1 season - drew 0-0 I think in our promotion season. They had started quite well too.

Yeah 0-0 when they had that "rivalry" going with us, was when I lived in town that I looked out of window at about 10am and there was a mob of them right up Newport Street bloody loads.

Also remember it being 0-0 in about 2000 when they put cheap tickets on and we got 25k in. Dismal it was 🤣

47 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah 0-0 when they had that "rivalry" going with us, was when I lived in town that I looked out of window at about 10am and there was a mob of them right up Newport Street bloody loads.

Also remember it being 0-0 in about 2000 when they put cheap tickets on and we got 25k in. Dismal it was 🤣

It wasn’t a cheap ticket one, it was Boxing Day so naturally a big gate for us. Plus they were doing well - to the extent they went up automatically - so they sold out (in the early days of splitting both upper and lower) 

15 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It wasn’t a cheap ticket one, it was Boxing Day so naturally a big gate for us. Plus they were doing well - to the extent they went up automatically - so they sold out (in the early days of splitting both upper and lower) 

Former Bradford City player Steve Baines was referee that day, and turned down the most blatent penalty you could see when their centre half caught the ball, and then punched it out to start a counter attack.