Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leeds Kids (Pizza Cup)

L/H White

I loved my trips to Wembley for the bristol city and Torquay games .

I think the competition was devalued when prem u21 teams were introduced. 

To date no prem u21 team has got to the final. Imagine how embarrassing a 

Bwfc v Chelsea u21 final would be .

Anyway I'm out, I vowed never to set foot in Wembley again after the debacle of Stoke city , the whole experience was appalling , pre, post and during the match 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Still no idea when the draw for next round of this is, or what they're going to do about scheduling the game. Shoddy competition, shoddy organisation of it.

When is the second round?

Ties are due to take place on the week commencing Monday, November 21, which is a day after the World Cup starts. Papa John’s Trophy matches are played in midweek and so the possible dates are either Tuesday, November 22 or Wednesday, November 23.

When will the EFL Trophy draw take place?

There is no news yet as to when the second round draw for the EFL Trophy will take place. Grimsby are due to play Manchester City’s Under-21’s in a rearranged fixture on Tuesday, November 8, with the draw likely to take place following the conclusion of that fixture.

10 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Excellent thanks for this! I had second round down as the night we play Wales from something I read pre season, glad that's not an issue now especially as they'd moved our Bristol game to Friday night as well which would have caused havoc. 

Does that article say when third round is mean to be? I've got it as 13 December but that's possibly wrong now too.

Draw this Friday night, second round match w/c November 21st, you must have seen same information I did @Traf they've probably moved it to accommodate the Wales game.

Only a few teams we can actually play. One of them is Barnsley, so...

Edited by Marc505

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

So is it 2nd round by November 30th (Traf) or w/c 21st Nov (Ziggy)?  Apologies if I'm being dim, looks like 2 possible dates.

54 minutes ago, Traf said:

Not sure tbh. My source might be unreliable (EFL website)

No Idea either, my source was a Bristol newspaper.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The TV channels will be praying it doesn't clash with a big WC game, viewing figures would be decimated.

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Sky contract is only three games which are presumably the final and both semi finals.  

The draw is on sky. 

Not the game.