Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Milan tickets

marple whites

Its changed for a few teams in Serie A in the last couple of seasons, I think you need to become a member to purchase tickets officially at many of then now.

I'm not sure if you have to pay a fee to join them or not, you used to just be able to go on their website and buy e-tickets but not anymore. Some of the Italian groundhoppers I follow are members of about 12 clubs now just to get 1 ticket a season!

Definitely worth going though, both Milan clubs getting 70k+ every home game now

Besides watching AC or Inter, and the Duomo what else is there that makes Milan an attractive destination? And I just mean Milan, not the Lakes.

I did a day visit in 2016 and was completely underwhelmed by the place.

Happy to be proven wrong....

9 minutes ago, jeep said:

Besides watching AC or Inter, and the Duomo what else is there that makes Milan an attractive destination? And I just mean Milan, not the Lakes.

I did a day visit in 2016 and was completely underwhelmed by the place.

Happy to be proven wrong....

The Navigli area is as good a night out as I've had anywhere in Italy. Loads of bars and restaurants set alongside the canals, totally not what I was expecting from the place.

There's bits of sights worth looking at, central train station is impressive, the apartments that have gardens growing up them, a small but slowly growing ale scene.

But I get why people don't take to it, can do all that in a day/night and after that its just a big, busy, dusty city. I find its best to go there with a game or a gig built in or as a stop off on way to better places.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

The Navigli area is as good a night out as I've had anywhere in Italy. Loads of bars and restaurants set alongside the canals, totally not what I was expecting from the place.

There's bits of sights worth looking at, central train station is impressive, the apartments that have gardens growing up them, a small but slowly growing ale scene.

But I get why people don't take to it, can do all that in a day/night and after that its just a big, busy, dusty city. I find its best to go there with a game or a gig built in or as a stop off on way to better places.

Thanks for replying pal.

Just as I thought, not worth revisiting 😆