Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parking Eye

DirtySanchez

Weekend of the Peterborough match, stayed in the hotel Friday to Sunday 

Checked in, gave hotel registration details and went about our business

Now got £100 fine from Parking Eye which solely relates to a specific period on the Saturday, not even match time related and doesn't mention the whole weekend 

Has anyone had experience of this as I bet Parking Eye are a complete arse to deal with 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Now got £100 fine from Parking Eye which solely relates to a specific period on the Saturday, not even match time related and doesn't mention the whole weekend 

Has anyone had experience of this as I bet Parking Eye are a complete arse to deal with 

contact the club

hotel residents dont have to pay

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

It's just odd they've picked a selective period that doesn't include arriving on Friday and leaving Sunday, just an hour or so gap 

I like the hotel but this could put me off 

wife has a car park run by parking eye

if she rings, it gets sorted

i suspect the hotel will find it much easier than you

and if not, email uncle neil

parking is his baby

54 minutes ago, tomski said:

Scruffy bastards aren’t they.

Very true. I was done another time at Preston Marriott when I met someone from work for lunch. Completely forget to enter my reg into that machine. Uploaded the lunch receipt to the appeal. Wouldn’t back down on that one but reduced it to £10. Marriott wouldn’t help either the twats

11 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

As others have said you should appeal and show that you were a hotel guest. Happened to me and it was dropped. 

17 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Very true. I was done another time at Preston Marriott when I met someone from work for lunch. Completely forget to enter my reg into that machine. Uploaded the lunch receipt to the appeal. Wouldn’t back down on that one but reduced it to £10. Marriott wouldn’t help either the twats

A tenner :lol:

On 21/10/2022 at 14:43, MancWanderer said:

I hope that the hotel have now lost all your business.

On 21/10/2022 at 12:16, DirtySanchez said:

I would tell the hotel to sort it. You are NOT asking to be 'let off' you are just not paying a charge they have made in error. 

4 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Emailed the hotel 

Told us to email a different department 

Wont confirm whether we stayed there or not

Don't take any shit. Email Neil Hart, post about it on Facebook & Twitter and contact the local rag.

8 hours ago, Traf said:

Don't take any shit. Email Neil Hart, post about it on Facebook & Twitter and contact the local rag.

I'll put on my best compo face whilst holding up the letter 

Assume it's Neil.hart@bwfc.co.uk? 

The BN would just have a Google Street view of the hotel and car park 

Edited by DirtySanchez

dont ignore parking eye but dont pay them if you are in the right.

reply telling them you have proof that you could park there at the time specified.

tell them that they can see it if they want.

Tell them if they are not happy to proceed to court .Put together a list of charges for your own time keep it reasonable say £25 for replying to a letter £15 for a phonecall.

They will write back saying that they reject your terms and conditions. Write back and tell them that their rejection does not mean a contract does not exist.

Tell them again that if they think you owe them money they should proceed to court at  which time you will provide evidence that you dont and you will counter claim for your incured costs as outlined in your previous letter. Add that from now on you consider the matter closed and you will ignore any future correspondence.

They will write to you from time to time with varying degrees of veiled threats hiding behind official looking but ultimately toothless letters.

seems like a load of fucking about but in reality its only 2 letters/emails.

I did this after i got charged for a similar thing and 3 years on it has gone no further. 

Do not ignore them

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email back from the hotel

It contained one word 'cancelled' 

That was it 

No apology, though I didn't expect one, but thought I'd get something a bit more formal or professional

Am keeping hold of it in case Parking Eye still try it on as there doesn't seem to be any joined up thinking between the two