Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parking Eye

DirtySanchez

• Moderators

got the fine through for Burton

£70 but down to £30 as paid "early"

£30 (plus £70 from last season) for 15-20 years free parking isn't bad when you think about it

but looks like they are finally cracking down on match day parking, which is 90 mins, as I was just over 2 hours for Burton

tesco's loss anyway, no more post match beer and shopping for them

anyway

middlebrook is about to get a whole lot busier if everyone who parks on tesco now has to park somewhere else

1 minute ago, Zico said:

£30 (plus £70 from last season) for 15-20 years free parking isn't bad when you think about it

but looks like they are finally cracking down on match day parking, which is 90 mins, as I was just over 2 hours for Burton

anyway

middlebrook is about to get a whole lot busier if everyone who parks on tesco now has to park somewhere else

Same with me

sure someone said they charge £5 bottom end of tesco? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Same with me

sure someone said they charge £5 bottom end of tesco? 

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't

i'd be interested to see how they process transactions so that you don't get a fine, because so far as I could see, you just hand over cash

might be totally wrong, never done it, but it looks like just random blokes in yellow vests taking cash

st joseph's is £4 but pretty sure it's cash only as well

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't

i'd be interested to see how they process transactions so that you don't get a fine, because so far as I could see, you just hand over cash

might be totally wrong, never done it, but it looks like just random blokes in yellow vests taking cash

st joseph's is £4 but pretty sure it's cash only as well

Aye few lads tip up for an hour take £5s and fuck off😀

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

Weirdly that would actually make it flow better for those coming off towards Horwich & Bolton as they wouldn’t have to wait for so long having to give way at the roundabout to all those coming off Tesco

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Zico said:

anyway

Are Tesco allowed to sell beer on a matchday? Asda aren't.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Are Tesco allowed to sell beer on a matchday? Asda aren't.

aye, been doing it again for a while 

plenty away fans go in and stock up, then hang around outside drinking

as an aside

bout 10 years ago, went in after a match with a mate to get some beer en route to a mates bbq

they served two old dears in front of us with booze, but intially refused to sell us

"why not"

"we're not allowed to serve beer after the match"

"you just sold to those in front of us"

"they've not been to the match"

"how do you know?"

"they dont' look like they have"

"and we do? are you refusing tp serve based on whether you think you think we look like we've been to match or not?"

cheeky cunts

proper discrimination that

they served us in the end

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

as an aside

bout 10 years ago, went in after a match with a mate to get some beer en route to a mates bbq

they served two old dears in front of us with booze, but intially refused to sell us

"why not"

"how do you know?"

"and we do? are you refusing tp serve based on whether you think you think we look like we've been to match or not?"

cheeky cunts

They were right though. You had been to the match.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

as an aside

"why not"

"how do you know?"

cheeky cunts

Must have been around the time that the security guys physically removed a friend of mine from the store after he had a row about some beers that were on special offer.

He filled his cart but was told at the check out that he could only have a couple of packs. He ponted out that there were no conditions anywhere to be seen and argued his case. The security guys came over, wrestled him to the ground & chucked him out.

He ended up with a some big suit coming up from London and eventually they paid him a four figure sum in compensation - which he duly gave to charity.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They were right though. You had been to the match.

aye, we were banged to rights in that respect

had they not served those in front of us without question, we'd have said far enough and got our beer elsewhere

it was only when we questioned the rule about no match day booze sales did they admit they did it based on assumption due to our appearance

so it was still discrimination

which is a slippery slope

anyway we got served and everyone applauded 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Zico said:

had they not served those in front of us without question, we'd have said far enough and got our beer elsewhere

it was only when we questioned the rule about no match day booze sales did they admit they did it based on assumption due to our appearance

Disappointed you didn't end with "Anyway, it's just a thought."

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Reckon theyll have had cameras fitted that do it automatically.

Theyve done it on scotts too.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

for years they had signs up saying 3 hours parking free

which wasn't a problem for most as you don't need that long

last season was the first time ever I parked for over 3 hours when I went in Jule's box, and I got a ticket, so they cameras have been there and working for a while

but at some point in the last couple of seasons, the signs changed to say it's now only 90 minutes free parking on match days, can't remember when, but pretty sure it wasn't that recent, and they've had folk out collecting money for a couple of seasons now to park down at the bottom, so assume it was around then

Burton was the first time I've ever got done for under 3 hours, was just over 2, so it would appear the cameras have only recently been amended on match days to 90 minutes

3 hours ago, Zico said:

image.jpeg.3f1de75b48b7501fc1b4468e21fceb3e.jpeg

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Shit, don’t be saying that. Parked on there for the Burton game and noticed there was nobody taking cash as previously. We ate in Harvester and asked and they said it would be fine 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Shit, don’t be saying that. Parked on there for the Burton game and noticed there was nobody taking cash as previously. We ate in Harvester and asked and they said it would be fine 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah it's under europarks now. Big camera jobby getting you going in and leaving.

You get two hours. I had to leave on 70 mins other week as had no cash or card on me :D

Think the terminal is near Premier inn reception.

43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Yeah it's under europarks now. Big camera jobby getting you going in and leaving.

You get two hours. I had to leave on 70 mins other week as had no cash or card on me :D

Think the terminal is near Premier inn reception.

Ah, so it has finally gone live, has it?
Been on the cards for a while.

• 1 month later...

Just got a fine through for the Bristol Rovers game on the Friday 2nd. Remember it always being £8 to park on C.  This time had no option but to pay £5. So it looks as though I’ve ran over by 30 mins. I’ve appealed, still got receipt but any chance I win this or not? 

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Not really. If they want £8 and you pay them £5 I’m not sure “no choice” works as a negotiation argument. 
They’ll almost certainly argue that your choice was park there and pay or go elsewhere. 

I meant by no choice the machine automatically said payment was £5. I did think it was weird as every other time it was £8. But for a few fixtures late Oct, early November when I went with my Dad in his car payment was £5 for whatever reason.