Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton H

DomRepWanderer

Just wonderful, though i'm still not sure what to make of it.

Two big pluses.....the strength of our squad with subs Lee, Sheehan, Baka & Bod all making big contributions in a short time & secondly, these players showing that they've got a real fighting spirit & togetherness.....loved Traff's pitch length charge !!

Now we've won i'll say it, i thought their keeper was very good & near the end saved a couple he'd no right to get near. 

Winning when we're not at our best is a very good sign.

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Kachunga was miles, and I mean miles better than Charles tonight. He was also better at Accy. If one of them is to be dropped on Saturday it'll be Charles and rightly so.

Anyway, great to see Baka off the mark for the season and Dadi getting a goal.

The whole team (and IE) looked pumped to fuck at the final whistle. 

Amazing how plenty left pissed off at watching shite, but those who stayed went home buzzing.

Yes I totally agree regarding charles, criticism isn’t just for Kachunga he’s been off it for a while now

never been a fan of dropping players if out of form but perhaps it maybe needed

• Site Supporter

Thank Christ I don’t have to watch Burton every game this season, what a horrible set of time wasting cloggers. The ref needed to clamp down on them early for all their shirt pulling, little clips of ankles and pushes.

Delighted for their manager when Bod scored. Serves him right.

Sheehan played a few cracking passes about tonight, good vision. Hopefully now we have our catalyst to kick on some more with strikers scoring too

Another good show of spirit and fight. It's good to know they can dig deep when they need to.

I feel like Evatt is overthinking this dapo to LWB thing. He gets the ball too deep to do any real damage and it's easy to double up on him so he doesn't get the opportunity to go 1 on 1 at the defender like he would playing wide in a forward 3.

Personally would rather him be one of the two up top. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'd keep Charles in the team now Sheehan's back. 

I think Sheehan's willingness to pass forward rather than wide could really help us get the best out of him.

Agreed.

The players always want to get it to the sides, 

Gethin Jones needs some shooting practice as he's constantly getting the ball in cracking positions but won't shoot 

30 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'd keep Charles in the team now Sheehan's back. 

I think Sheehan's willingness to pass forward rather than wide could really help us get the best out of him.

Good call but is Sheehan going to start any games ?

6 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I'd defo keep Charles up front over Kachunga, the latter who at one point was level with our fullbacks for one of our throw-ins. 

That being said I would be shocked if Bakayoko/Bodv didn't start at weekend over Charles.

As soon as we went 1 down kachunga was taken off because even Evatt knows that when your desperate for a goal , you don't need a 1 in 10 guy playing up top. 

10 hours ago, Spider said:

Nothing from @woolli?

You seem to have a very strange obsession with me? See you on boxing day eh? On the football, 85 minutes we was piss poor, as everyone, except for you have said. Great comeback, but we shouldnt be playing catch up at home to a team in the bottom three. We really need to start on the front foot, we only put the time-wasting cunts under pressure for the last 10.  And please, can we start having some shots. Dont think we had a shot on target until Baka scored. A wins a win though.

• The topic was unpinned