Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton H

DomRepWanderer

Burton play the game by numbers and it is a hard watch but we should be better prepared . Virtually every ball is played long into the corners with hop of a set piece to build on. Knowing this sticking Dapo at LWB was a mistake. At their place last year they peppered John in same way. 

Their manager moaning about 7 minutes is hilarious, it could have been more, Keeper alone did nearly that. Also it is a minimum so as they wasted more time ref was right to play longer, fact we scored in that time makes it even better

Fuck me though we made hard work of it. Subs changed game.

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Burton play the game by numbers and it is a hard watch but we should be better prepared . Virtually every ball is played long into the corners with hop of a set piece to build on. Knowing this sticking Dapo at LWB was a mistake. At their place last year they peppered John in same way. 

Their manager moaning about 7 minutes is hilarious, it could have been more, Keeper alone did nearly that. Also it is a minimum so as they wasted more time ref was right to play longer, fact we scored in that time makes it even better

Fuck me though we made hard work of it. Subs changed game.

They even wasted time getting it restarted after Dadi's goal :D

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

Former RMI player manager Dino has made a lot out of a little but his bleating about the added time is beyond parody. Does he think thwy are immune from the referee noticing this & adding time on ? Tosser.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I noticed that the ref didn't fail to book Dadi for whipping his shirt off after scoring, even at that very late stage. Quite right & proper under the rules but I wondered if in the melee he might have missed it.

Think Lee picked his shirt up and took it over hoping the same 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I noticed that the ref didn't fail to book Dadi for whipping his shirt off after scoring, even at that very late stage. Quite right & proper under the rules but I wondered if in the melee he might have missed it.

That was the kind of ref he was.  Booking players for dissent but failing to clamp down on the blatant time wasting and niggly fouls.  

Lee's backheel effort off the post in the 93rd minute, good god that would've been fantastic.

I like all our midfield options, but I think technically our best 3 are Lee, Morley and Sheehan, could Morley not play a deeper role with his distribution instead of MJ long term?  

Edited by Lostock Whites

6 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Lee's backheel effort off the post in the 93rd minute, good god that would've been fantastic.

I like all our midfield options, but I think technically our best 3 are Lee, Morley and Sheehan, could Morley not play a deeper role with his distribution instead of MJ long term?  

Morely was dropping deep yesterday, I think you lose out defensively with him in that position but you have more progressive passing. As much as I like MJ he often seems to be a cause of slowing things down, which is strange as he can pick a pass

1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

I'd defo keep Charles up front over Kachunga, the latter who at one point was level with our fullbacks for one of our throw-ins. 

That being said I would be shocked if Bakayoko/Bodv didn't start at weekend over Charles.

I don’t get the constant anti Kachunga when Charles offered nothing. He was rubbish last night 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, woolli said:

You seem to have a very strange obsession with me? See you on boxing day eh? On the football, 85 minutes we was piss poor, as everyone, except for you have said. Great comeback, but we shouldnt be playing catch up at home to a team in the bottom three. We really need to start on the front foot, we only put the time-wasting cunts under pressure for the last 10.  And please, can we start having some shots. Dont think we had a shot on target until Baka scored. A wins a win though.

🙃🙃🙃

I do have a little obsession. ❤️

Fascinating that a poor result and you can’t stop posting.

A win and, through gritted teeth, the most praise you can muster is “a wins a win”

You just don’t seem to like this Bolton team at all, and I do find it interesting.

Come and sit next to me on Boxing Day and I’ll tell you why football can be fun xx

13 minutes ago, bwfc87 said:

Another who thinks having Sheehan in the team would benefit Dion massively 

Sheehan’s ability & willingness to play through and in between defenders for runners is what he offers v the others. 

tried 2 in the first 5 mins of being on the pitch last night. First he miscued but the 2nd he put Bradley in behind 

that’s got to play in to the hands of Dion and Dapo too 

Just watched the highlights.  Didn't realise at the time just what a great header it was, by Sadlier I think, from the corner at the end which forced the 'keeper to push the ball back out.

Innit amazing how, when the corner beats the first man , you can end up scoring a goal.

• Site Supporter

Kachunga seemed to be pushed out wide at times. still worked his socks off as did Dion Charles.. For me I think atm that's the best 2 to start with up top. 

We need more creativity in the middle and maybe Sheehan will start the next game, however it does appear to be Evatts game plan to wear it down and then win it with subs...

Morley was brilliant last night, dropping back constantly when needed to. Although that misplaced kick was destined for the m61..

1 hour ago, Spider said:

🙃🙃🙃

I do have a little obsession. ❤️

Fascinating that a poor result and you can’t stop posting.

A win and, through gritted teeth, the most praise you can muster is “a wins a win”

You just don’t seem to like this Bolton team at all, and I do find it interesting.

Come and sit next to me on Boxing Day and I’ll tell you why football can be fun xx

But thats all it was, a win. We was shit otherwise! Or are your rose tinted glasses still on? 

As for liking Bolton teams, i have "liked" every Bolton team since 1969. It doesnt mean that those teams havent been poor at some stage, or fantastic for that matter.

Dont forget to get me a ticket, i would so much love to be in your company!

Now go and find something constructive to do, im off to the roof terrace to catch some rays!

teedlepoops for now!