Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton H

DomRepWanderer

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Yep & I get that it was "during the 98th minutes", but to read & hear the reaction it was as if the 7th added minute was stretched out ... almost like "next goal wins" on the backfield. It was, in fact, an entirely justifiable, whole 7 seconds over the allotted added time. Plus ref's tend to blow at a 'nothing going on' moment.

The whining about 7 minutes is also bllx. Reports show the ball was actually in play for 49 minutes of the 90, +3, +7. Burton came with a plan to waste time & delay everything. The ref. simply added time to reflect that. If he'd booked the keeper for it quite early on it would have stopped.

It's their prerogative but don't complain if it bites you in the bum.

Aye, it certainly did bite them on the arse.

Anyone complaining it was past the 7 minutes needs to listen carefully next time the amount of added time there will be it is always "A minimum of..."

Personally, I have no issue with teams trying to waste time.  It's annoying when we're on the receiving end, but we'd do (and we have done plenty of times), the exact same thing in their position.  It's up to the referee to make sure he deals with it correctly.

13 minutes ago, DazBob said:

"A minimum of..."

Wording introduced following a match at the Reebok v Blackburn when Craig Short equalised for them in about the 5th minute of 4 minutes 'time added on'.

It really did have an air of 'I'll keep playing till we score' about it. There was uproar at the time as there'd been no real lost time to speak of in he added time.

7 December 2002.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/dec/08/match.sport7

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Wording introduced following a match at the Reebok v Blackburn when Craig Short equalised for them in about the 5th minute of 4 minutes 'time added on'.

It really did have an air of 'I'll keep playing till we score' about it. There was uproar at the time as there'd been no real lost time to speak of in he added time.

7 December 2002.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/dec/08/match.sport7

Technically my fault, that one.

Ball came in to the crowd in stoppage time and I chucked it further back in NSL rather than giving it straight back to Friedal.

• Site Supporter

Just watched most of it on the replay.

First few minutes we passed and moved quickly and created opportunities. 

Football was better than at any point afterwards.

Subs and the situation meant we went more direct, which for the most part they handled well, but we still had chances.

Their commentators were quite condescending but showed very little enthusiasm throughout for their team. Moaned when ours did. Get to fuck.