Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford H

W.cramp

2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Billy Bodin got sent off for Oxford last night (two yellows) so he misses our fixture.

In the past he has been a right pain in the arse usually scoring or playing a blinder

(Think he was on our radar at one point a few seasons ago.)

Good news.

Matty Taylor also serving the 2nd of a 3 match suspension on Saturday.

15 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

2 cracking games against these last season. More of the same and another win please

2 of the very rare games when we've won and had less possession/not generally looked like the better team.  It will be nowt like the last 2 homes, it should be a proper game of football.  Last 3 aways, won 4-2 at Exeter and two 1-1 draws at Charlton and Pompey.  Also won 2-1 at Cheltenham, only lost twice, both 1-0 and one of those was at Plymouth.  Expecting a really tough game.

2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Billy Bodin got sent off for Oxford last night (two yellows) so he misses our fixture.

In the past he has been a right pain in the arse usually scoring or playing a blinder

(Think he was on our radar at one point a few seasons ago.)

Good news.

Thought Bodin was their best player when we won their last season, till he went off injured 

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh agreed, i hate that song aswell, i find it a total embarrassment that we’re taking the piss out of lads who’ve travelled to watch ( in Burtons case) a shit team,who are almost certain to suffer a defeat.

Funny enough though, they sang it to us in the 1st half the cheeky cnuts.

I think that was probably because we were so quiet, rather than numbers.  It was always going to be one of the quieter games, but it was very flat till last night before we equalised.  

On the topic of hated songs, if there's one that stops me "joining in" and enjoying the moment, its Wanky Wanderers.  For one it feels like a song we can't encourage youngsters, or even old folk, to join in and secondly it just sounds shit and small time.  I hadn't heard it this season till Bod scored so hopefully its reserved for 98th minute winners.

17 hours ago, batton carrier said:

I wonder if the 6 foot tall tranny in the floppy hat will be making the trip north again. It was offering everyone  near keoghs out last year

Note that BWFC support  rainbow laces .

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cju54MQNVMO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/wanderers-support-rainbow-laces/

Calling someone 'it' is not the language that BWFC would want you to use .

Just saying, don't get stressed about it . 

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Add URL

• Site Supporter

Calling somebody 'it' is bizarre.

When it comes to a trans person, I'd refer to them as she or her if they look female.

He or Him if they look male, unless they requested otherwise.

Everyone's different, but to be called 'it' is just plain shit.

33 minutes ago, batton carrier said:

i suppose it depends on were you set the threshold .

he/she was fucking hilarious looked like a 6ft tall pissed up welder in a wig.

She flounced down Mansell Way afterwards flicking vs at Wanderers fans cars as they passed, then got into a row with an old bloke when she saw her car was ticketed.  It was parked on the pavement outside the flats across from Barnstormers! 

She was positively screaming out for attention and a reaction.  The kind of behaviour the Govt were saying this week, might get a reaction from the Qatari authorities. 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Note that BWFC support  rainbow laces .

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cju54MQNVMO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/wanderers-support-rainbow-laces/

Calling someone 'it' is not the language that BWFC would want you to use .

Just saying, don't get stressed about it . 

I reckon the club wouldn't give two hoots whether he used the word 'it'. More important issues to deal with.

After all, it's indeterminate in the same way as 'they'

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I reckon the club wouldn't give two hoots whether he used the word 'it'. More important issues to deal with.

After all, it's indeterminate in the same way as 'they'

It's really not. It was said/typed purely to be offensive.

Anyone else feel like we are due to give an absolute thrashing?

Their team are on the ropes, missing multiple key players, sit near the bottom and even their manager is suspended from the sidelines.

No doubt the more realistic will happen, tight cagey game, antics from them, time wasting.

But just hoping we start the game in 6th gear and give a battering and let them chase us.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

She flounced down Mansell Way afterwards flicking vs at Wanderers fans cars as they passed, then got into a row with an old bloke when she saw her car was ticketed.  It was parked on the pavement outside the flats across from Barnstormers! 

She was positively screaming out for attention and a reaction.  The kind of behaviour the Govt were saying this week, might get a reaction from the Qatari authorities. 

Haha, Sounds like a 'He' to me from Baton's description of 'welder in a wig'.