Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford H

W.cramp

• Site Supporter
Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Your the only person happy about the situation- not many are saying change the manager but he needs to improve his selections 

I’m not happy at all with today.

But the knee jerking on here is a bit OTT

We’re playing average but in the top 6.

Short memories

Just now, Spider said:

Let’s change the manager then.

problem solved.

Like it always does 😊

Very few are saying that, I have complete faith that Evatt is the man for the job, does that mean all is well and rosey at the moment and he gets absolutely everything right?

I await your next sanctimonious response.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Very few are saying that, I have complete faith that Evatt is the man for the job, does that mean all is well and rosey at the moment and he gets absolutely everything right?

I await your next sanctimonious response.

Most of the alarmists want him gone

Just now, Spider said:

@Eddie

what we saying? 

Completely in your camp. He’s our biggest asset and we’ll only continue to progress overall with him in charge. I wouldn’t want him gone no matter what happens this season.
Doesn’t make the short term losses of form any less frustrating - especially when there seem to be obvious things that are wrong.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Completely in your camp. He’s our biggest asset and we’ll only continue to progress overall with him in charge. I wouldn’t want him gone no matter what happens this season.
Doesn’t make the short term losses of form any less frustrating - especially when there seem to be obvious things that are wrong.

For what it’s worth

I don’t think ANY of our strikers are good enough, seriously.

We’re about spirit and resilience as much as talent. 

3 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I can see what you’re saying with that and I agree. To a point 

there’s been a lot of noise recently about evolving players. Sorry but I ain’t arsed about evolving Dapo from what he was and what he’s good at to a front man. Just fucking play him where he can cause damage. And No 10, up front or LWB isn’t it 

said something similar about Morley the other day, up to the point where he got dropped he was probably our best player. 

stop trying to change the world and give yourself the best chance of winning football matches 

Just now, Spider said:

For what it’s worth

I don’t think ANY of our strikers are good enough, seriously.

We’re about spirit and resilience as much as talent. 

The run and finish from Charles shows there’s SOMETHING there but has virtually zero knack of being in the right place 

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The run and finish from Charles shows there’s SOMETHING there but has virtually zero knack of being in the right place 

It’s simple. He’s on the shoulder and he’s played in. It’s what he lives off and what we don’t do nearly half as much as we should 

Let's not mix up respecting him with agreeing with everything he does.

His wing back & possession football requires converting that possession quickly into penetrative play. Currently we aren't doing that. Opponents have learnt and he's not adapting quickly enough.

I don't want him gone, I just want him to adapt.

In my opinion (sorry if it differs from the majority), is that he's not good enough or clever enough to get us out of league 1, although I agree that it sounds daft saying that whilst in the top 6.

If he played our best players in a 4-4-2 and attacked teams from the off, we would put teams on the backfoot, but this 5 at the back at with a defensive midfielder at home against a weakened team just negates any advantage.

Apologies for all who loves Evatt, but I honestly can't see how he's our biggest asset, the Accrington & Burton comebacks just papered over the cracks, on the back of defeats at Cheltenham & FGR.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Black Sheep said:

In my opinion (sorry if it differs from the majority), is that he's not good enough or clever enough to get us out of league 1, although I agree that it sounds daft saying that whilst in the top 6.

If he played our best players in a 4-4-2 and attacked teams from the off, we would put teams on the backfoot, but this 5 at the back at with a defensive midfielder at home against a weakened team just negates any advantage.

Apologies for all who loves Evatt, but I honestly can't see how he's our biggest asset, the Accrington & Burton comebacks just papered over the cracks, on the back of defeats at Cheltenham & FGR.

Who should be manager then?