Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford H

W.cramp

Where is the steel in this team / squad, all the best teams have 2 or 3 rum fuckers who will if & when required engage in the dark arts. We have a team of choirboys who if the opposition get in their faces and mix it don't know what to do - its so easy for an opposition manager to stop us playing.

Taggart, Fairclough, McGinley, Sheridan, Blake etc (apologies to any others in that team I've forgot who could handle themselves), they could all play good football but could also handle themselves.

Evatt needs to find a team capable of playing his preferred type of passing football, but who can also handle themselves against rough, savvy, shit house League 1 teams (as otherwise as I've said we will be in League 1 for many years).

17 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Just back, not read up the comments yet so these are my thoughts, off me head, a few Madri in.

I dont think Madri at the ground is as good as in a regular setting. It's fizzier, dont get me wrong, drink it over coors every day, but at the bowling green, leigh, its a much smoother ride.

Football, 

Kachunga, 340 senior appearances, 59 goals (46 / 2 for bolton in league) - if we want to get promoted we cant have a striker with that goals to game ratio, i hear all about running and chasing etc, my first season watchin bolton I didnt see mcginlay or blake chasing much down, i did see them banging in 20 goals each from left foot, right foot and from their yeds, granted the game has changed, but them 2 in their pomp I wont accept wouldnt score goals in this league at better than 1 in 6.

At the start of the season most of us thought we have 4 strikers that may get 10 goals plus each with kachunga as a fifth option if we got despo.......nope, he's starting more often than not, and scoring fack all, even a shot would be good, was offside more times today than shots on target. I cant fault his effort but he is not a box to box midfielder, it isn't enough.

From our other strikers in the 10+ squad, one of them is playing left back, one of them (charles) isnt getting the type of servie he needs, JDB seems overly benched - we need him fit and firing, he is our best up fronter IMO, Baka is Baka, i think he over achieved last season, love how he is always in the right spot 8 yeards out but thats the only type of goal we get from him

Midfield - we seem to have too many options, start of the season i though Dempsey would be a shoe in for most games, think he is a decent box to boxer, i was hoping we'd build the centre around him but it looks like we're still not sure on our best threesome in there, Sadlier today looked good coming on, will he ever start ina meaningful game?

I just think we miss one or two chisled old pros, even a barry bannan, players that do things, we seem very robotic and predictable. Would love to see a a pair of wily old cnuts in our squad.....it was apparent early today we where winning nothing earlier in their box and would do well to keep them out for 90, it was the tallest opposition i can rememebr seeing in a long time.

Was still hopeful of a point at 85 mins but thats what kills u...

Dont think we're a bad team, statiscially defensively we're very good, surpringly so actually, but we lack fluidity and just a general up and at them approach ....unless we're 0-1 down, at that point we seem to spring to life somewhat.

The soloution? no idea, really, thats why i work in logistics, BUT, id like to see Dapo starting on the left, id like to see a formation accomodating that, id like to see a more fluid looking midfield 3 of say morley, sheehan and dempsey.....and maybe some start time for JDB. Could Dion go wide right of a front 3 with Dapo? Its gotta be better than a line up of kanchunga up front and dapo left back?

have a good night all, time for a pink gin

I've drunk Madri out of bottles and at the hotel 

Nothing special, no different from San Miguel 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

This time last year we were 13th.

That’s forward.  but to be just happy to have a club that’s defeatist attitude just to turn up and if we get beat that’s ok fuck me That excuse as gone we nearly went bust let’s move on .

Edited by Farnywhite

1 minute ago, Spider said:

So you’re saying there are other football clubs vying for the same thing?

I'm saying simply that comparing where we were to this particular date last season doesn't take into variables such as fixtures, the teams who've come down etc, what they've spent 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Snails pace....

If our owner was the next Eddie Davies and Evatt had been given millions to spend, you might have a more valid point.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, bolton in bedford said:

When have we gone backwards under Evatt’s regime. I know we are not playing well right now but we are still moving forwards.

No not saying that we have under evatt  it was more about the comment of just being happy to have a club  

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

No not saying that we have under evatt  it was more about the comment of just being happy to have a club  

Nobody is saying "I don't care if we lose every game as long as BWFC exists". But expecting us to win every game, and chucking the toys out of the pram when we don't is just as daft.

1 hour ago, Eavesy said:

Absolutely no idea where the idea of booting it towards kachunga and Charles has come from.

1st time we passed it about nicely Lee missed a sitter.

2nd time we passed it Charles scored.

A throwback to hoofing it to le fondre today. Strange

That"ll be Santos and that shit diagonal ball that he tries 19 times a game. Need to cut it out 

Possession today was the worst we've had for a while at home. Too much long ball and poor in the final third generally. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Like they didn't with parkinson?

I'm not in the Evatt out camp, but you can guarantee that owners do give a fuck about what fans think. It's vital to their business. 

I guarantee you they don't give a fuck about the tiny minority of deluded fans calling for the manager to go, 16 games into the season, when we're 6th in the league.

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Nobody is saying "I don't care if we lose every game as long as BWFC exists". But expecting us to win every game, and chucking the toys out of the pram when we don't is just as daft.

Yes royal did just happy to have a club that’s what I was replying to originally people need to read back 

Edited by Farnywhite