Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford H

W.cramp

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Yes royal did just happy to have a club that’s what I was replying to originally people need to read back 

No he didn't. He said the people who have these extreme reactions when we lose a game need to get some perspective. And he's correct. I think he was being tongue-in-cheek anyway.

4 minutes ago, bolton in bedford said:

Going to take a punt that you are under 30. My kids expect everything immediately, life just isn’t like that. This time two years ago we were flirting with the national league. If 40 places progress is snails pace then you are deluded.

Seriously, your punt is way out - my first BWFC game was in 76 and I've followed BWFC home & away ever since, I'm as loyal as the next man, I just don't follow this admiration of all things Evatt but do carry on....

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Fans need to chill I ain’t happy with the result and felt IE picked wrong team and slow making changes buts he’s best manager we’ve had for a long time, we’re building steadily and Rome weren’t built in a day. 

Absolutely.

I disagree with @Black Sheep and @radcliffe white

Yes, today was poor, not good enough 

But while there’s things not right at the moment, he’s aware of this, he’s not in cloud cuckoo land, he’s come out after the game and admitted it’s not been good enough this month. 

He’s changed personnel, tactics, used early subs, rotated (probably too much) the squad, in a attempt to find solutions. 

But we’re still 6th. He’s turned around our fortunes before, his position at the club is not and should not be questioned.

Interesting and strange few months ahead. 

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

Absolutely.

I disagree with @Black Sheep and @radcliffe white

Yes, today was poor, not good enough 

But while there’s things not right at the moment, he’s aware of this, he’s not in cloud cuckoo land, he’s come out after the game and admitted it’s not been good enough this month. 

He’s changed personnel, tactics, used early subs, rotated (probably too much) the squad, in a attempt to find solutions. 

But we’re still 6th. He’s turned around our fortunes before, his position at the club is not and should not be questioned.

Interesting and strange few months ahead. 

Like your views

disagree on some but all about opinions and you put the miles in👍

Forget Dapo at WB, he’ll never be a wingback as long as he’s got a hole in his arse, get him playing further up the pitch were he’s at his best.

Katchunga needs benching because he brings fuck all to the table, i’d play Sadlier instead.

We need to play the game on the front foot instead of sideways/backward passes.

I still a believe in IE, but deary me he’s one stubborn fucker.

• Site Supporter

Some cringeworthy language from one old cunt in North Lower, aimed at that female Assistant Referee from the first minute. "Fuck off you fat slag!" "You fucking slut!" "You stupid ginger bitch!". Embarrassing. I hope she raises it with the powers that be. Doubt he'd have screamed any of that if he was sat next to Sharon Brittan. Really disappointing after an impeccably observed Remembrance Service. Suspect someone mentioned it to a Steward at half-time, because he was either gone, moved or told to shut up during the second half.

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Some cringeworthy language from one old cunt in North Lower, aimed at that female Assistant Referee from the first minute. "Fuck off you fat slag!" "You fucking slut!" "You stupid ginger bitch!". Embarrassing. I hope she raises it with the powers that be. Doubt he'd have screamed any of that if he was sat next to Sharon Brittan. Really disappointing after an impeccably observed Remembrance Service. Suspect someone mentioned it to a Steward at half-time, because he was either gone, moved or told to shut up during the second half.

Can't stand stuff like that. Good on whoever brought it up to get him fucked off. Dinosaur.

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I'm glad there's no league game for a fortnight now. It's a natural pause in the season to reflect. 

In the long term we are 6th and there's still 30 games of the season to go. We've a transfer window in a couple of months and the trajectory of the club is still an upward curve.
In the short term, October has been a poor month with a sequence of winnable games that we've made a right meal of. It feels like the division has sussed out our 5-3-2 formation and we ourselves have been staid and stifled. IE needs to change the system to better release our attacking artillery and better impose ourselves on games. Today's team selection was stubbornness in the face of the obvious. 

We knew in the Summer that there was a queue of big clubs in this league. We're not at the top of that queue yet. We need to be patient but we also need signs of short-term remedial action to keep us in the top six fight.

Spot on post this 👍

Found today really frustrating after the buzz of those post-match scenes on Tuesday. And found Evatt's line up baffling to be honest. But if we have a second half of the season like we have under Evatt the last two years then we're in for a good push for promotion. 

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

I'm glad there's no league game for a fortnight now. It's a natural pause in the season to reflect. 

In the long term we are 6th and there's still 30 games of the season to go. We've a transfer window in a couple of months and the trajectory of the club is still an upward curve.
In the short term, October has been a poor month with a sequence of winnable games that we've made a right meal of. It feels like the division has sussed out our 5-3-2 formation and we ourselves have been staid and stifled. IE needs to change the system to better release our attacking artillery and better impose ourselves on games. Today's team selection was stubbornness in the face of the obvious. 

We knew in the Summer that there was a queue of big clubs in this league. We're not at the top of that queue yet. We need to be patient but we also need signs of short-term remedial action to keep us in the top six fight.

Just stop it @paulhanleywith your reasoned assessments 

I’m off to the politics thread for a more realistic look at life

Disappointing, when we scored I thought we were on for another comeback, but their 3rd goal was a killer. The referee was hopeless but can't complain much about the result.......Oxford were organised, hard working & big, & keep lumping balls onto the heads of their giant centre halfs was gormless but should keep our "geddit forward", "geddit in the box" types happy.

Sheehan was lightweight & hardly in the game while Dapo did his running down blind alleys thing.....Sadlier probably deserves a starting place before those two now.

It's a difficult spell but i have confidence in IE to get it right. Evatt IN.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

So what - we are shit at the moment

It was a response to someone who said we weren't making any progress. 6th is better than 13th. Today was shit. But we'll play worse and win games. And we'll play well and still lose. That's just where we are.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, little whitt said:

Pissed UP 

cant be Arssed readindg All the padges 

but IE is Buy Trade is 

He /Was a deffender 

same as Sourthgate 

so Defends from the back 

We have players who can and Will

TORO TROR TORO

and can WIN games 

Petition to replace Marc Iles with LW