Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford H

W.cramp

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Black Sheep said:

Mounts, you are wrong I don't dislike Evatt at all. I just don't have the same admiration for him as a manager that some others have. People should be allowed to have differing opinions should they not ? we all want the club / team to succeed.

I have no issue with the many fans who think that he's a good manager, he's not a bad manager its simply that I don't think that he's as good as some others think. 

Nobody is saying he's the next Pep Guardiola. He admits himself he's still learning. As Mounts just said, he gets a lot more right than he does wrong. We don't have a divine right to romp the League, especially after the events of the last few years, and in a way Evatt is a victim of his own success. Expectation has rocketted.

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fascinating what a loss does to some fans psychology. Dapo's going, Charles is useless, Evatt is a plantpot and the owners have already got someone lined up to replace him, we don't deserve to be 6th in the League, MJ is past it, we didn't deserve to win our last 2 games, Santos is just a big bully. Mind boggling.

56 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

I haven't seen anything in his signings, tactics, or ideology 

It’s a very good point @Cheese

And before I go any further, my previous post match comments have been critical of yesterday, the last month and like others, questioning some of our tactical play.

But one thing I said a week or two ago has certainly been proven - after a defeat, there are so many “experts” out there who seem to think their knowledge of personnel and formation changes would make all the difference.

This goes beyond the “expressing an opinion as a fan on a forum” to saving your posts to when there’s a defeat, in unleashing your expert knowledge. It’s nothing personal @Black Sheep but your a one of a few who come across this way. 

In the past I’ve had these forum disagreements with @radcliffe white @Johnnyrotten @woolli and it may well be that like those you are critical, passionate and a good bloke to sit down with and have a pint. Who knows you might actually be someone with top end management and coaching experience like @Rudy 😊.

I’m unsure as to what makes you so sure Evatt is wrong with everything he does and you are right?

Edited by desperado

14 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s a very good point @Cheese

And before I go any further, my previous post match comments have been critical of yesterday, the last month and like others, questioning some of our tactical play.

But one thing I said a week or two ago has certainly been proven - after a defeat, there are so many “experts” out there who seem to think their knowledge of personnel and formation changes would make all the difference.

This goes beyond the “expressing an opinion as a fan on a forum” to saving your posts to when there’s a defeat, in unleashing your expert knowledge. It’s nothing personal @Black Sheep but your a one of a few who come across this way. 

In the past I’ve had these forum disagreements with @radcliffe white @Johnnyrotten @woolli and it may well be that like those you are critical, passionate and a good bloke to sit down with and have a pint. Who knows you might actually be someone with top end management and coaching experience like @Rudy 😊.

I’m unsure as to what makes you so sure Evatt is wrong with everything he does and you are right?

It’s just opinions mate I’m not saying I’m right for one minute it’s just how I see it

it can be a very closed shop at times regarding IE it’s like nobody can say anything negative,  but I must also add that it works both ways I have also praised when I felt it was needed

yes i’m very passionate otherwise I wouldn’t  spend thousands every year watching us and it’s gets me going when folk come out with sarcastic comments as they comment watching ifollow

but certainly no coaching experience like Rudy😀

Edited by radcliffe white

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

It’s just opinions mate I’m not saying I’m right for one minute it’s just how I see it

it can be a very closed shop at times regarding IE it’s like nobody can say anything negative,  but I must also add that it works both ways I have also praised when I felt it was needed

yes i’m very passionate otherwise I wouldn’t  spend thousands every year watching us and it’s gets me going when folk come out with sarcastic comments as they comment watching ifollow

You're not going to jump me at the snooker then? 😄

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Of course you can have your opinion.. My opinion is he gets much more right than wrong.. I’ll also say he’s a young manager and so will make mistakes… he has the makings of a very decent manager and therefore I’d like fans to cut him some slack. 

He is a young manager, and I do agree that he may well become a decent / top manager. However for me it's about getting out of League 1 asap (I'm also sure that you said 'we don’t want to be in this division though, let’s hope it’s good enough to take us up').

I understand that others are more patient (to be honest I wish that I was). I appreciate that we are 6th which is great and there is some progress I admit, but for me this last 6 games against teams that are mostly near the bottom has highlighted that he still has a lot to learn & to me has highlighted his naivety - in regards to team selection, tactics, nous etc.

It's probably just me being impatient & it is just my personal opinion and I may well be wrong.  

• Site Supporter
Just now, Black Sheep said:

He is a young manager, and I do agree that he may well become a decent / top manager. However for me it's about getting out of League 1 asap (I'm also sure that you said 'we don’t want to be in this division though, let’s hope it’s good enough to take us up').

I understand that others are more patient (to be honest I wish that I was). I appreciate that we are 6th which is great and there is some progress I admit, but for me this last 6 games against teams that are mostly near the bottom has highlighted that he still has a lot to learn & to me has highlighted his naivety - in regards to team selection, tactics, nous etc.

It's probably just me being impatient & it is just my personal opinion and I may well be wrong.  

23 other teams, and their own managers and players and fans want to get promoted out of League 1 as soon as possible too.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I doubt that's actually true 

For it to be untrue, there'd have to be teams in League 1 who don't want to get promoted. Surely you don't think there's teams in this division who want to lose football matches?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I was using you as a good example of how to have a difference of opinion and debate It.

And yes you come on here win lose or draw and in my opinion give praise and criticism at the right times, just how it should be 👍

Just now, Cheese said:

For it to be untrue, there'd have to be teams in League 1 who don't want to get promoted. Surely you don't think there's teams who want to lose football matches?

For it would also be true you'd have to show that every fan, player, owner of each club has made that pledge 

Would they like and what is achievable are two different things 

Did Forest Green owner expect promotion this season having just been promoted?

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

For it to be untrue, there'd have to be teams in League 1 who don't want to get promoted. Surely you don't think there's teams who want to lose football matches?

Do you also seriously think Southampton start the prem season thinking this could be our year? 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

That post seems more balanced and reflective. While I disagree with your opinion on IE, I can certainly understand your frustration and impatience in wanting to get out of this division. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Do you also seriously think Southampton start the prem season thinking this could be our year? 

No. But I don't think they started the season thinking "I hope we don't win the League". I honestly don't get your point. Surely EVERY team in EVERY division wants to finish as high as possible??

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

That's not what you said though 

There's this big thing called mid table 

Teams are happy to be there 

Every team has a different target, but all 24 teams in the League want to win as many games as possible. Surely you understand that?

Why do we not shot out more - typified by the run into the box right on half time and instead of having a crack turned away from goal.

So frustrating.

got what we deserved yesterday - hats off to them and without there main striker.

an overall poor month when you consider the respective positions of the opposition.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Moving the goalposts from every team wanting promotion to now having different targets 😃😃😃

How is that moving the goalposts? Every team DOES want promotion, regardless of their target. You've lost me. Your point only makes sense if you think teams don't want to win too many games incase they surpass their target. Surely you don't mean that, do you?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

It's pointless because you'll change your argument and the context of what you originally meant 

I haven't changed anything. Every team in every League wants to win every game. It's as simple as that. I said "Every team wants to get promoted", and you said "I doubt that's true". Bizarre.

Edited by Cheese

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I haven't changed anything. Every team in every League wants to win every game. It's as simple as that. I said "Every team wants to get promoted", and you said "I doubt that's true". Bizarre.

Again context 

They may want promotion but achievable are not the same things 

But you knew that

20 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If that's also the case why did Leicester have no ambition to have a go at Man City?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Again context 

They may want promotion but achievable are not the same things 

But you knew that

Just now, DirtySanchez said:

If that's also the case why did Leicester have no ambition to have a go at Man City?

I have no idea about what you're talking about now. All I said was every team that plays a football match wants to win that football match. You seem to think otherwise. It doesn't matter.