Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford H


W.cramp
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Bit like chucking in 'look where we last season'

It's daft

Exactly. That was in response to someone saying we weren't making any progress under Evatt. Daft talk all round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I mentioned earlier why drop dapo he’s played his best for a while

keeps going with kachunga who’s stats are horrific

do the other clubs near the top make 3/5 changes per game

it seems like he’s trying to please everyone and it’s impossible to do, end of October and he doesn’t know his best 11 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It was a response to someone who said we weren't making any progress. 6th is better than 13th. Today was shit. But we'll play worse and win games. And we'll play well and still lose. That's just where we are.

You do realise how fixtures work 

They don't repeat themselves from the season before 

Teams come and leave the league, players come and go, others spend big 

It's a pointless comparison 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, DirtySanchez said:

You do realise how fixtures work 

They don't repeat themselves from the season before 

Teams come and leave the league, players come and go, others spend big 

It's a pointless comparison 

Agreed. So saying "We haven't progressed under Evatt" is also a meaningless statement, isn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Agree we are mediocre 

Pure opinions, but I think we're better than mediocre. All that matters is where we are in May next year. In the meantime, enjoy the ride. We'll win some, we'll lose some, we'll draw some.

Edited by Cheese
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

That's never been my argument

But you seemed to repeat your argument when no one was saying it, yet you made it 

I didn't say it was your argument. It was my response to FarnyWhite that you took issue with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doubt will read back through thread so apologies if repeating others.

Today highlights that Evatt needs to decide his best XI and stick to it. The switching round leaves you totally changing midfield and a 3 that was never going to work. 
 

We can all have an opinion of what the best XI is and injuries and form mean it will change at times but it is time to stop tinkering. 
 

Our captain is also a school ground bully who loves using his strength to batter players as balls are running out of play but is nowhere when there is a physical battle in either area. 
 

We are not 'shit' but today was and IMO the manager who I usually like has to take a lot of the responsibility. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only highlights of the day for me both came from Dean Holden on GMR after the game.

"Let's see what Dean Holden thinks as an ex-player and ex-manager"

"Not a very good one or I wouldn't be sat here"

And then in a moment of absolute genius he suggested the natural progression of Evatt's use of Dapo was for him to play him at left back so our best player could be on the pitch in a 3-5-2.

Holden IN.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Some cringeworthy language from one old cunt in North Lower, aimed at that female Assistant Referee from the first minute. "Fuck off you fat slag!" "You fucking slut!" "You stupid ginger bitch!". Embarrassing. I hope she raises it with the powers that be. Doubt he'd have screamed any of that if he was sat next to Sharon Brittan. Really disappointing after an impeccably observed Remembrance Service. Suspect someone mentioned it to a Steward at half-time, because he was either gone, moved or told to shut up during the second half.

I'd have twatted him, I really would.

Unless he was a proper hard looking bastard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Like I mentioned earlier why drop dapo he’s played his best for a while

keeps going with kachunga who’s stats are horrific

do the other clubs near the top make 3/5 changes per game

it seems like he’s trying to please everyone and it’s impossible to do, end of October and he doesn’t know his best 11 

I think you raise some valid points and concerns.

I can’t be sure (and I don’t necessarily always agree) on why IE is making these, but here’s my thoughts:

why drop dapo he’s played his best for a while? I can only think he was resting him today after 90 mins last sat and starting Tuesday. But the  Dapo conundrum needs addressing ASAP because he’s still our most dangerous attacking player. While I understand his comments last week about him as LWB, I cant deny I’d prefer to see him start attacking left.

keeps going with kachunga who’s stats are horrific. I wouldn’t be picking him ahead of the others and I don’t see a partnership with Charles neither. While I get he works hard, closes the channels, brings others into the game he’s better doing this with another partner or as a sub

do the other clubs near the top make 3/5 changes per game. it seems like he’s trying to please everyone and it’s impossible to do, end of October and he doesn’t know his best 11 

I honestly don’t know. This is where I challenge and perhaps change my view from Tuesday. While we were on a good run of results I was happy to overlook Octobers below par performances and see the changes as a positive, being able to rotate, win games and keep  everybody happy. But I did say continuing this would be unusual. So I agree with you, we need a bit more stability, especially in midfield. But I’m clueless now as to what our best combination is! I’m still trusting Evatt to get this one right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I'd have twatted him, I really would.

Unless he was a proper hard looking bastard.

If it was who I think it was, he's not hard-looking at all. Just a 60-odd year old bloke wearing a flat cap and glasses. But I never actually witnessed him screaming it, so could be wrong - otherwise I'd have had a word with the Steward myself. Could be pure coincidence that I didn't notice/hear him again in the second half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, desperado said:

I think you raise some valid points and concerns.

I can’t be sure (and I don’t necessarily always agree) on why IE is making these, but here’s my thoughts:

why drop dapo he’s played his best for a while? I can only think he was resting him today after 90 mins last sat and starting Tuesday. But the  Dapo conundrum needs addressing ASAP because he’s still our most dangerous attacking player. While I understand his comments last week about him as LWB, I cant deny I’d prefer to see him start attacking left.

keeps going with kachunga who’s stats are horrific. I wouldn’t be picking him ahead of the others and I don’t see a partnership with Charles neither. While I get he works hard, closes the channels, brings others into the game he’s better doing this with another partner or as a sub

do the other clubs near the top make 3/5 changes per game. it seems like he’s trying to please everyone and it’s impossible to do, end of October and he doesn’t know his best 11 

I honestly don’t know. This is where I challenge and perhaps change my view from Tuesday. While we were on a good run of results I was happy to overlook Octobers below par performances and see the changes as a positive, being able to rotate, win games and keep  everybody happy. But I did say continuing this would be unusual. So I agree with you, we need a bit more stability, especially in midfield. But I’m clueless now as to what our best combination is! I’m still trusting Evatt to get this one right. 

A fair balanced reply

its very frustrating, for me he simply doesn’t know his best line up based on too many options and he doesn’t give certain players consistent runs

i expect 1 or 2 to leave in January as some will want regular football 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If it was who I think it was, he's not hard-looking at all. Just a 60-odd year old bloke wearing a flat cap and glasses. But I never actually witnessed him screaming it, so could be wrong - otherwise I'd have had a word with the Steward myself. Could be pure coincidence that I didn't notice/hear him again in the second half.

Needs calling out if he's coming out with shit like that.

The hard fuckers tend not to be nobheads in my experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We started with a team today that had 5 goals between them all season from open play . 5 defenders on and a holding midfielder at home and still concede 3 our most creative player when he gets played now playing at wing back . 

When we  got out of jail last two games evatt as said it wasn’t down to good luck  but down to is substitution and game management fair  enough . but when it goes wrong like today forest Green and Cheltenham he should shoulder the blame .


Unfortunately it’s looking like a trend and not a blip . I feel sorry for whoever plays up front because they are feeding of scraps . 

need Dapo out wide in a 433 or switch to a 442 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

We started with a team today that had 5 goals between them all season from open play . 5 defenders on and a holding midfielder at home and still concede 3 our most creative player when he gets played now playing at wing back . 

When we  got out of jail last two games evatt as said it wasn’t down to good luck  but down to is substitution and game management fair  enough . but when it goes wrong like today forest Green and Cheltenham he should shoulder the blame .


Unfortunately it’s looking like a trend and not a blip . I feel sorry for whoever plays up front because they are feeding of scraps . 

need Dapo out wide in a 433 or switch to a 442 

I’m hoping for 4-3-3 not sure A back 3 suits us, Jones is more a right back, Santos is great in back 3 but Johnstone average for me, we’ve two genuine wingbacks Bradley and John who’s out of favour, if we had 2 flying wing backs and 3 players adept at playing in a back 3 then fair enough, sadly the 3-5-2 isn’t allowing our most talented player and most prolific goal scorer to start, the Dapo situation needs addressing and 433 could be the solution. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Casino said:

See, for me, jones is a revelation in a back 3

If we go 4, hes on the bench

To be honest thought Jones was poor today as was Santos. 
 

Until we sort out midfield the rest is immaterial to me and Morley and Dempsey should be in there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Correct. And he deserves the plaudits when we win.

Yep. No arguments there. Fickle game and all that. This run against some shite teams hasn’t been good enough. Was at Cheltenham and came out saying we will lose games etc, move on.

He deserves a hammering for today’s selection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.