Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Overall, does it matter that much; majority of folk still on holiday

I bet IE would have something to say if we only have 48 hours before playing at Lincoln, who'll have an extra day to rest/prepare.

Seems a long time since we played at home on Boxing Day.

• Site Supporter

I get why people will be pissed off. 

I’m quite happy with them, especially the Barnsley one, going to Rotherham last year and going back even further, to Preston with a steaming New Years Eve hangover was horrible.

Boxing Day and New Years Day can be proper chilled out days now. And its a couple more Xmas holiday days to look forward too

59 minutes ago, desperado said:

I get why people will be pissed off. 

I’m quite happy with them, especially the Barnsley one, going to Rotherham last year and going back even further, to Preston with a steaming New Years Eve hangover was horrible.

Boxing Day and New Years Day can be proper chilled out days now. And its a couple more Xmas holiday days to look forward too

Agreed.

I'd rather play on Boxing Day, but playing New Years Day never seems right, its a day for recovery.  We can look forward to a game the day after now, what else would we do on 2nd Jan?  I think we'll take more to Barnsley now, all other things being equal.  Plenty other games to watch on TV on Boxing Day and NY Day.

Crowd v Derby no longer looking like a potential 25k though. 20k max now I'd say.

For me, 27th is doing a world of good.

I am down south over Christmas so boxing day wouldn't have been a possibility.

I see that some people might no long be able to attend, but surely still a huge crowd to expect, 24,000+ ?

We had 22,000 for a regular game vs Sheff weds

Edited by Lostock Whites