Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

Think they sold out for the 3-3 in year one at the Reebok but obviously it was their first visit and a smaller allocation back then.

Suppose we can’t criticise for having a revitalised away support with the numbers we’ve been taking for the last 2 seasons compared with so many measured in the 100s in the Championship.

Missed the one when we got relegated there but even the year before that they were lapping it up that we were on our arse. 

12 hours ago, MickyD said:

I was there in 76 for LC QF. I don’t think I’ll ever forget the corrugated sheets forming a tunnel through what I assume was an area of slum clearance.

As we walked through that 'ginnel' they dropped bricks on us, we were in the paddock next to their end and there were quite a few skirmishes that night

2 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

As we walked through that 'ginnel' they dropped bricks on us, we were in the paddock next to their end and there were quite a few skirmishes that night

Yep I was there. Watched the manure Everton game on the way home if memory serves me right. Hated losing to them scouse gets in the semi

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Yep I was there. Watched the manure Everton game on the way home if memory serves me right. Hated losing to them scouse gets in the semi

How the hell did you watch a game on the way home? This was 20+ years before mobile TVs.

As an aside, the first hand-held telly I ever saw was on the special train back from Southampton in THAT FA Cup game. It was where we saw just what a howler Felgate made. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

How the hell did you watch a game on the way home? This was 20+ years before mobile TVs.

As an aside, the first hand-held telly I ever saw was on the special train back from Southampton in THAT FA Cup game. It was where we saw just what a howler Felgate made. 

Stopped off at a pub?

Superb display by Reidy and co. but a bit hairy after full time. Managed to get to the Hatton Arms afterwards.

Big pub on lights where A50 turns towards Burton. Place rammed with exuberant Whites. Watched the highlights

show accompanied by Wemberlee singing. Slight downside was that I had parked in a side street near the ground

and received a ticket for parking within 45ft of a road junction!