Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Was at ticket office earlier as wanted an extra seat near me for Derby (been empty seats all season but show taken online), lad in office reckons there’s a few hundred concession tickets not even scanned this season 

Apparently away fans are in the upper tier so they can utilise the bedroom packages as it can’t be used when bottom tier in use 

I have a concession ticket (U12) to ensure the fucker who sat next to me all through last season, almost sitting on my lap, couldn’t use it. It’s probably been used half a dozen times. I wonder how many do that or buy one to gain an extra client ref. number for away tickets.

Regarding the hotel package, it seems a bit short sighted that in order to sell four or five bed, breakfast and match packages for £150/room they’ll close the lower tier.

I think it also saves policing and stewarding costs though.

52 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I have a concession ticket (U12) to ensure the fucker who sat next to me all through last season, almost sitting on my lap, couldn’t use it. It’s probably been used half a dozen times. I wonder how many do that or buy one to gain an extra client ref. number for away tickets.

Regarding the hotel package, it seems a bit short sighted that in order to sell four or five bed, breakfast and match packages for £150/room they’ll close the lower tier.

I think it also saves policing and stewarding costs though.

Yes definitely on the CR as online you can buy an adult with a junior

i think with the hotel it’s a case of 2/3 clubs only need the lower tier in this league, get 4 bedrooms sold once they’ve ate & drank it’s an easy grand, plus like you say other savings too

9 hours ago, Farrelli said:

I think most will turn up for this

Hopefully yes, but this is our first league game on TV, if weather is poor there's a great excuse to stop at home/pub, added to folk who are away for Christmas. 

Nobody knows what crowd will turn up from one week to the next, Exeter was a prime example of that, as was Bristol Rovers, a very low turnout.

8 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

I would have expected more on to be honest don’t we have around 17k season ticket holders ? If so that means we have only sold less than 1,000  tickets on general sale if approaching 23k sold 

We sold 16k home tickets total for Bristol Rovers so reasonable to assume there's less than 15k STs

10 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hopefully yes, but this is our first league game on TV, if weather is poor there's a great excuse to stop at home/pub, added to folk who are away for Christmas. 

Nobody knows what crowd will turn up from one week to the next, Exeter was a prime example of that, as was Bristol Rovers, a very low turnout.

Does it matter?

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Didn’t realise how packed the schedule was till I looked just now

games on:

27, 30 December 

2, 7, 10, 14, 21, 24, 28 January 

4, 11, 14, 17, 25, 28 February

Only one of those being a cup game on Tuesday January 10 vs Pompey 

That is a very busy couple of months. Could be an extra one thrown in too. Semi of EFL trophy 31stJan/1st Feb

11 hours ago, globaldiver said:

Does it matter?

Not really, just chattin.  Someone said there'd be a great atmosphere as 23k tickets sold, I was just commenting that it doesn't mean there'll be any more home fans there than normal, nobody has to turn up on the day.

But you're right, there's more important things going on in the world.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not really, just chattin.  Someone said there'd be a great atmosphere as 23k tickets sold, I was just commenting that it doesn't mean there'll be any more home fans there than normal, nobody has to turn up on the day.

But you're right, there's more important things going on in the world.

Talking about our attendances on the best BWFC forum is absolutely fair game, especially when we are challenging a non-premiership attendance record.

I believe there’s nearly 25k sold now, and most of the season ticket holders are sure to turn up for this one.

Got to celebrate and talk about that 👏

36 minutes ago, desperado said:

Talking about our attendances on the best BWFC forum is absolutely fair game, especially when we are challenging a non-premiership attendance record.

I believe there’s nearly 25k sold now, and most of the season ticket holders are sure to turn up for this one.

Got to celebrate and talk about that 👏

Exactly mate, a lot of fans can be a very miserable pessimistic bunch.

Our support has been magnificent this season, the numbers we are pulling in just speaks volumes on the size of the club and fanbase.

And then when you factor in our geography, 25,000+ is ridiculous.

Blackburn, PNE, Blackpool, Burnley, Wigan? No chance... Pride of Lancashire Bolton Wanderers Football Club