Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Do not concede early. Do not concede early. Do not concede early.

I have been impressed by Toal since he was thrown in, but coming up against McGoldrick today is going to be a massive test for him.

A backs against the wall 2-1 win.Ā 

I was thinking about that, too.

Ā I think heā€™ll play Aimson in central defence with Toal right hand side. Thatā€™s how they played in the second half v Exeter and it worked well.

Aimson probably has a bit more nous and could cope better against McGoldrick. šŸ¤ž

9 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I was thinking about that, too.

Ā I think heā€™ll play Aimson in central defence with Toal right hand side. Thatā€™s how they played in the second half v Exeter and it worked well.

Aimson probably has a bit more nous and could cope better against McGoldrick. šŸ¤ž

Mcgoldrick to good for Aimson, might need double up on him or get CDM between Mcgoldrick and derby passer and try cut off the ball into feet, Micgoldrick ainā€™t gonna out race back line to often so cutting supply to him is best bet.Ā 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Mcgoldrick to good for Aimson, might need double up on him or get CDM between Mcgoldrick and derby passer and try cut off the ball into feet, Micgoldrick ainā€™t gonna out race back line to often so cutting supply to him is best bet.Ā 

See, I hadnā€™t thought of that but Iā€™m not a massively qualified football coach. šŸ¤·šŸ»

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

2-0 to the Super Whites. Dapo and Bodvarsson

Is Bod ok to play? Heā€™s had that facial injury, hasnā€™t he?

I think heā€™s a clever player and does well against the better sides, so would be good to see him come off the bench.

1 minute ago, Steejay said:

I think heā€™s a clever player and does well against the better sides, so would be good to see him come off the bench.

He played at Shrewsbury only a few days later, and didnā€™t even a mask on like Djorkaeff and others. All a bit weird really.Ā 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Steejay said:

I'm sure I read he was available again. He looked fine at the Christmas Party last week.

Edit:

Ā https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23211671.bolton-wanderers-captain-ricardo-santos-gets-return-date-illness/

Wanderers have more good news on the injury front with Kyle Dempsey, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Lloyd Isgrove now in contention for a place in the squad to face Derby.

ā€œKyle Dempsey is back in with no ill-effects,ā€ Evatt added. ā€œLloyd Isgrove is fine, Geth (Jones) is still out but Jon Dadi Bodvarsson is fine ā€“ albeit we are limiting his contact and his heading for the moment.

Edited by Cheese

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They always put them out when the sales are on. Never got a parking ticket but donā€™t blame me if you do

They canā€™t prove whoā€™s matchday parking and whoā€™s not. Only limits are 7 hours Monday-Friday to stop train users (remember those?) parking there. Made a rod for their own back that it would take about a week to browse through all the shops up there.Ā 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, embankment said:

Signs out on the retail park , saying NO matchday parking .

Ā 

Park there and buy a packet of chewing gum from home bargains. The receipt proves you were there shopping and you have 7 hours.

They canā€™t enforce it.

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter

No fucks given whether we win at a canter as against Sunā€™lun last season or we get played off the park and win with a last minute penalty (remember City away?) In fact, make that an undeserved, refereeing fuck up which gives us that penalty. All I want for Christmas is three points.

Parking aside, met the wife in Asda last home match. At the checkout, the checkout operative, asked if Iā€™d been to the match. ā€œYes, I said, it was cold but a good 2-0 win.ā€ ā€œWell you canā€™t have this alcohol.ā€ I thought she was joking, she wasnā€™t. Wife chirps in, ā€œI havenā€™t and Iā€™m paying.ā€ ā€œStill canā€™t have it because heā€™s been. Canā€™t sell it till 5.31.ā€It was 5.28.

A supervisor, seeing that we were about to walk out leaving a trolly full of shopping, stepped in and allowed the sale.Ā