Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

18 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Think we will miss Santos today.    Hope I'm wrong but cant see our back 3 being strong enough today.

These will definitely play direct to James Collins. Has to be an aimson game today. I'd imagine it's toal aimson and Johnston but I'd consider playing Iredale as the left side CB and maybe Johnston as a wing back. 

Draw was a fair result overall. They were better second half and probably had the better chances but it was pretty drab from both sides. Lots of hoofball, not a lot of quality. 

Dion should of come off sooner for baka or bod if we were going to keep going long. 

Thought all three centre halfs were good today, particularly Johnston who was very good.

Not the worst point overall.

Edited by Arrested development

Fair result overall.

2 average sides in an average division.

I felt Derby were there for the taking though today.

Charles - OMG - what a miss!!!! He needs replacing in Jan.

Must now win @ Lincoln and avoid defeat @ Barnsley.

If we do then a satisfactory 8 points from the 4 Xmas games.

Taking lee of disrupted us in the second half as no one holding it up and linking midfield and attack. Thought Morely and Sheehan should have gone then, or Bod instead of Lee rather than dempsey.

Had two chances 2nd half should have done more with, but they were a threat and a point isn't a terrible result

Edited by CambridgeBWFC
Spelling

3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Really come on mounts

but kanchunga gets nod first 

Kachunga wouldn’t be anywhere near my team,  but I’m thinking Sadliers already gonna be off, like I say he’s not ripped up any trees…. Let him move on and replace him. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

It's not difficult to see why they've conceded the fewest goals in the league so far - we rarely looked like scoring all afternoon.

I can't get worked up about Charles. He's like most centre forwards in the third tier and unless we can sign a young hot shot on loan from the Premier League I doubt we'll sign better.

And for all the panic defending, they didn't manage a single shot on target all second half.

Has Toal played his way into Jones' spot?

I think it's a yes from me.