Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

15 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Ā 

Has Toal played his way into Jones' spot?

I think it's a yes from me.

He is getting better and better each game, think he could be a great find. As much as I like Jones he offers more defensively and we look more solid, doesn't offer quite the same attacking threat but Bradley seems to have more freedom with him behind and has been fantastic the last two games.Ā 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's not difficult to see why they've conceded the fewest goals in the league so far - we rarely looked like scoring all afternoon.

I can't get worked up about Charles. He's like most centre forwards in the third tier and unless we can sign a young hot shot on loan from the Premier League I doubt we'll sign better.

And for all the panic defending, they didn't manage a single shot on target all second half.

Has Toal played his way into Jones' spot?

I think it's a yes from me.

Ā 

20 minutes ago, superkev said:

Exactly the type of game I thought it would be. Tight and edgy. Clearest chance from Charles. Some nice build up play just lacking that final but of quality. Fair result although I think we edged it overall

2 good summaries

• Site Supporter

Two decent defences on show. Sometimes you have to accept that itā€™s one of those must not lose games for either side.

Johnstonā€™s best performance to date.

Shame it wasnā€™t a better watch but in the end a fair result and a point we may be glad of by late April.

Big numbers in the away end but a largely flat atmosphere as the game wore on, to be expected.

happy enough, think weā€™ll be in the play offs and Iā€™m perfectly ok with that now.

Decent game for a 0-0

Thought they were a team of absolute cloggers

That chance that Charles missed second half is that the sort of one that could haunt us come the end of the season

Are we the only team in history to bring on an entirely new front three and look much less of a threat?

Iā€™m with @captainmedon the next two games. Need to win Friday and avoid defeat Monday.Ā 

2 equally matched sides who wouldnā€™t have scored if we played until next Boxing Day. Sometimes you just get games where each side cancels each other out. We were the side with more intent the first half and both had periods in the 2nd. Both sides will take a point and look forward to the next game. Both be jostling around the top 6 at the endĀ 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Have you lost something?

Was it your missus kicking off outside?Ā 

I was one of the ones trying to reassure you, and prevent you from smearing another Wanderer into next week.

We're one big family- PM me

Who is this too Big DĀ šŸ˜‚ ??

Edited by desperado

Played some nice stuff at times but f me we need some goals in the team which is the main reason us/derby /Barnsley are quite some way behind top three. Charles needs to be hitting the target from there, it was a golden chance. In terms of the players Toal needs to keep his place when Geth is back, the central midfielders need to improve & looks like that Shrewsbury mistake has affected TraffordsĀ  confidence as he's been overly shaky we were lucky to get away with a cross he dropped today.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Still complete gridlock off the carparks.

Even left it an hour :(

Like sticking 25,000 on the trafford centre.

Weird that. Only took us 15 minutes to get away. Was expecting to be sat in it for a lot longer.

Thought decent game today. They stuck to their shape and defended well. Thought Dion worked his socks off and unlucky with chance. Draw fair result. Defence looked very good. To many changes at end for me. But would of been different if we scored. Onwards and upwards. Club going in the right way šŸ‘Ā 

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Still complete gridlock off the carparks.

Even left it an hour :(

Like sticking 25,000 on the trafford centre.

Ā 

Chaos on the roads today. Had to go to Wigan in the morning to see my daughter. From Dicconson Lane to The Beehive was a mare even at 1.30. Then some dickhead Derby fan stopped on the roundabout to let his mates out and into The Beehive and caused a right fracas. Ended up heading back to Manc via Bury to avoid the gridlock. Decent game for a 0-0 imo. Fair result but the subs baffled me a bit but then again I donā€™t hold any coaching badges. Be reet. Weā€™ll be in the playoffsĀ 

Both teams showed why they won't go up automatically but it was a close fought game that was enjoyable enough to watch.

Don't often criticise players but Dapo was a passenger all game and didn't look arsed at all.

Left at full time and absolutely flew home, doesn't make any sense but I'll take it.