Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby (H) 27th December

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Dapo

I like him, but he’s frustrating.

There are times when he could cause chaos in a defence simply by pulling a centre half out or towards the wings but he doesn’t, makes life easy for them and probably a bit harder for himself.

Still a starter for me, but capable of so much more I reckon,

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Dapo

There are times when he could cause chaos in a defence simply by pulling a centre half out or towards the wings but he doesn’t, makes life easy for them and probably a bit harder for himself.

Needs to stop looking for a foul whenever he's touched at times 

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Weird that. Only took us 15 minutes to get away. Was expecting to be sat in it for a lot longer.

Thought we'd head club shop and on complex to let it die down. Only just got off that wank rubble carpark next to the police station. Like parking on fucking mars.

Hotel carpark was full. So was scotts even though it wasnt. Queued for half hour to get in hotel.

Bring back 12k gates :D

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Dapo

He isn’t best in a 2, IMO.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Thought we'd head club shop and on complex to let it die down. Only just got off that wank rubble carpark next to the police station. Like parking on fucking mars.

Hotel carpark was full. So was scotts even though it wasnt. Queued for half hour to get in hotel.

Bring back 12k gates :D

We were parked on the official car park a couple of rows away from the buses. Be doing that again.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

So what. Don’t see it as a great loss. Not done enough to force his way in. 

Its difficult to name an attacking player that's done enough to be picked regularly.  Most are decent players having at best average seasons, whether its Morley, Dapo, JDB, Baka, Sheehan, Dempsey, Charles or Kachunga.  Lee and Bradley the 2 exceptions maybe.  The rule that you have to be great to force your way in only seems to apply to Sadlier, yet his assist/scoring record is as good as any and better than most.  Kacha instead of Sadlier was a puzzle today when we needed a goal. 

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not sure why we spent so long waiting for an answer from Barlhuizen this summer on today's evidence.

I thought that too.  On the highlights I saw last season I thought he looked a class above league one, seemed anonymous today and hasn't scored many all season.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Best team by a country mile for 60 mins.

The subs killed any chance we had. Lee goes off and we lost the midfield. Hes our best creator.

Dempsey is fuckin crap btw.

Shouldve won but didnt lose. Fair dos.

I thought it was just me. I just don't get him, he brings nowt.

Probably a fair result.

I thought the ref was shite, prepared to let too much go and then blow for fuck all. There was one were Charles was holding it up, he had three kicking shit out of him, he leant on one, free kick to them. 

• Site Supporter

Thought I’d seen it all on the way back to car. 
A fairly well known ‘face’ from plenty of away days taking on cars on the walk up De Haviland Way. He usually walks just the traffic side of the cycle lane remonstrating with vehicles for getting too close. Sometimes he twats wing mirrors. Proper angry fucker.

Well, today, he decided to walk up the middle of the near side lane, still remonstrating and still twatting wing mirrors. How he hasn’t broken his wrist today I’ll never know. Or perhaps he has but braved it out for fear of looking an even bigger dickhead than he already looked. 

Left home at half 12. Into ground at 3:05. ( no pub just shit traffic) home at 19:00 so 6.5 hours for that. 

can not fault effort and commitment but so little quality. Sheehan and Lee should not start together. Then taking them both off at same time did not really work.

Another bad miss from Charles and Kachunga unlucky at end. How the assault on Dapo in first was not a booking I do not know. 

Just now, Ani said:

Left home at half 12. Into ground at 3:05. ( no pub just shit traffic) home at 19:00 so 6.5 hours for that. 

can not fault effort and commitment but so little quality. Sheehan and Lee should not start together. Then taking them both off at same time did not really work.

Another bad miss from Charles and Kachunga unlucky at end. How the assault on Dapo in first was not a booking I do not know. 

Sums the performance up perfectly for me… thought they were poor and there for the taking.. Lee & Sheehan doesn’t work and then taking Lee and Sheehan of for 2 who don’t create isn’t right call and not good balance in midfield…. Chucked the attackers on 79 & 85 left them little time to effect the game. 2 points dropped for me. 

For 0-0 it wasn't a bad game

Thought 1st half we were the better side

2nd half Derby had a good 15 minute spell but overall both teams seemed to cancel each other out with very few  chances.Charles chance was the only descent chance

Derby fans may sell out but christ they're very quiet considering the numbers

Like Jules said we have too many like for like players. Ive been a massive advocate of our recruitment but maybe signing 300 similar midfielders wasnt the best idea.

Only Lee can run that midfield and provide any kind of spark. You lose 2-3 of those midfielders in Jan and most would forget they even existed.

Our problems come from the supply. There was on chance in the first half where Charles shouldve been away but we hung on for that split second too long and dapo ended up offside. Thats the problem, no cutting edge, no through ball. 

Only recruitment can solve that.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sums the performance up perfectly for me… thought they were poor and there for the taking.. Lee & Sheehan doesn’t work and then taking Lee and Sheehan of for 2 who don’t create isn’t right call and not good balance in midfield…. Chucked the attackers on 79 & 85 left them little time to effect the game. 2 points dropped for me. 

Them coaching badges obviously werent wasted

Fwiw, even though lee and sheehan came off, there was more to the change than that

Way too much overthinking going on imo

2 top 6 teams have cancelled each other out

1 of em misses the best chance of the game and couldve won it with the last kick

The other came nearest to scoring

One last thing, can the sadlier fanclub tell me why they think evatt doesnt play him much

No whataboutery, its a simple enough question

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Like Jules said we have too many like for like players. Ive been a massive advocate of our recruitment but maybe signing 300 similar midfielders wasnt the best idea.

Only Lee can run that midfield and provide any kind of spark. You lose 2-3 of those midfielders in Jan and most would forget they even existed.

Our problems come from the supply. There was on chance in the first half where Charles shouldve been away but we hung on for that split second too long and dapo ended up offside. Thats the problem, no cutting edge, no through ball. 

Only recruitment can solve that.

We played nearly 70 minutes without a ball winning midfielder, not surprised we didn’t create a lot.